Resolve only strengthened after leaving Anglicanism

  • Thread starter Thread starter James82
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I’m sorry; when I wrote “on another forum” in my earlier post, I meant the forum wasn’t CAF. I realize now it might look like I meant another sub forum here.

The subject of the Real Presence in non-Catholic Holy Communion was discussed as a whole thread on another forum a few years ago; the forum has a Catholic moderator, is sponsored by Dominican nuns, and mostly Catholic participants. The moderator, as I said, was giving his opinion, and I realize most Catholics would disagree.
 
I haven’t seen the actual quote, but here’s what you wrote:

In your words, he said that “they are not valid.” That’s certainly the Catholic teaching.

But those words “they are not valid” are simply inconsistent with the words “we do not know.” Either we know or we don’t.

That’s why we cannot say that the moderator would first say “they’re invalid” but follow that with the “we don’t know.” It just doesn’t make any sense. An error like that is just too glaring to have been done intentionally.

On the other hand, we can (and do) say the words “we do not know” to the question of “do they impart grace even though they’re not valid sacraments?” God is not limited by the Sacraments when He imparts grace.

I would like to see the original quote to read exactly what the moderator typed.

I’ve tried the search tool, but the keywords to do such a search are simply too common and they produce too many results. If you don’t have it marked somehow, perhaps you remember certain unique keywords from the thread that would help in doing a search?
I fail to see the conflict you seem to see between what you are saying and what AbideWithMe reported. You repeated exactly the same thing she said the moderator said, and then you spoke as if you were disagreeing with what the moderator allegedly said.

Edwin
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top