Resources for deepening one's relationship with Christ

• Thread starter Thread starter FuzzyBunny116
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FuzzyBunny116

Can anyone recommend me any books or sites or devotions to deepen my relationship and love for Jesus? I’m afraid I labor under law, not love at the moment for the most part >_<. For anyone who read my last post, I’ve taken many of those suggestions, but still, I would like any books or sites or such that helped anyone else out.

40.png
FuzzyBunny116:
Can anyone recommend me any books or sites or devotions to deepen my relationship and love for Jesus? I’m afraid I labor under law, not love at the moment for the most part.
You’re not alone.

I’ve read about the Apostle’s advice to pray always and even read on the Pilgrim’s book on the Jesus prayer, but I have to say that I finally understood it reading Br. Lawrence’s The Practice of the Presence of God.

It’s a mystery full of joy that the Almighty God loves each one of us so much that He’d come to our side just to stay with us, even if for just a brief moment.

Perhaps more importantly, keep in mind that having a relationship with Jesus is a grace that He decides how much and when to concede. As my namesake’s saint said: God sneds the wind, but we set the sails. I’d add that our setting the sails can’t force God to send the wind.

:blessyou:

40.png
FuzzyBunny116:
Can anyone recommend me any books or sites or devotions to deepen my relationship and love for Jesus?t.
meditate on the Lord’s passion, suffering and death, with the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary, the Stations of the Cross, the Chaplet of Divine Mercy or simply in front of the Crucifix or the Blessed Sacrament. Begin your meditation be reading the Gospel account of the Passion in either of the 4 Gospels.

Spending time in front of the Blessed Sacrament and letting Jesus do some of the communicating usually works for me, as well as what “asquared” mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back