T
Tarpeian_Rock
Guest
There’s really not a lot of doctrinal information here on which to base all these comments. Leaving aside the remarriage (as we don’t know whether or not he was laicized), the OP stated he talked about salvation “like a Protestant.” What, exactly, does that mean? We don’t even know what he allegedly said. It’s entirely possible to read Paul and Romans and reflect on the role of faith in salvation and end up “sounding like a Protestant” in someone’s opinion. When our pastor began standing on the steps of the church and greeting people on the way out of Mass, my mother hated it, saying that he was “acting like a Protestant,” feeling that only Protestant ministers did that, versus remaining in the sacristy as priests traditionally did after Mass.
I’m not saying the (former) priest in question isn’t in fact stating incorrect doctrine; I’m saying we don’t know enough on that point.
I’m not saying the (former) priest in question isn’t in fact stating incorrect doctrine; I’m saying we don’t know enough on that point.