Reworking chapter and verse

  • Thread starter Thread starter AmbroseSJ
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AmbroseSJ

Guest
By now we all know that the Chapter and Verses of today’s NAB or RNAB and many other newer Bibles do not correspond with the old D/R, KJV etc. (At least in certain books of the Old Testament) My question is: Do ALL of the newer translations (including the NAB) correspond with each other? IOW, do we have in effect an old style vs. a new style of Chapter and Verse? If not, is every Bible going down their own road? :confused:
 
By now we all know that the Chapter and Verses of today’s NAB or RNAB and many other newer Bibles do not correspond with the old D/R, KJV etc. (At least in certain books of the Old Testament) My question is: Do ALL of the newer translations (including the NAB) correspond with each other? IOW, do we have in effect an old style vs. a new style of Chapter and Verse? If not, is every Bible going down their own road? :confused:
I do my searching usually in a protestant bible (NIV) because it’s the default on a web site I like and the Catholic bible on the bishops’ web site has a non-optimal search engine for that task (it searches entire pages instead of verses). Once I find what I want, I go to the Catholic bible to get the quotes, usually the NAB. I’ve done quite a bit of matching up this way, and without exception I found they have matched. So I’d vouch for a pretty good match between NIV and NAB. In the past I have also found a good match between NIV and KJV.

Alan
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top