R
Raider_Red
Guest
The following is a question that was posed in a December of 2004 in a thread titled “Roman Catholic Eschatology”:
“Has the Catholic Church made any authoritative statements with regards to eschatology? My understanding is that most Catholic theologians would take more of an amillenial position but has this ever been addressed by The Vatican? Could a believing Catholic hold to a pre-trib rapture and still be within whats accepted as orthodox? Have any of the branches of Eastern Orthodoxy given authorative statements on eschatology?”
There were a few responses to it in the thread but I didn’t feel it was directly answered and was wanting to know the answer myself. I guess the question could be boiled down to "what can a Catholic believe about the end times and still be inside the bounds of Catholic orthodoxy?
“Has the Catholic Church made any authoritative statements with regards to eschatology? My understanding is that most Catholic theologians would take more of an amillenial position but has this ever been addressed by The Vatican? Could a believing Catholic hold to a pre-trib rapture and still be within whats accepted as orthodox? Have any of the branches of Eastern Orthodoxy given authorative statements on eschatology?”
There were a few responses to it in the thread but I didn’t feel it was directly answered and was wanting to know the answer myself. I guess the question could be boiled down to "what can a Catholic believe about the end times and still be inside the bounds of Catholic orthodoxy?