J
Jim_Baur
Guest
What promise or promises are fulfilled to which Romans refers?
THANKS!
THANKS!
Just to add, St. Paul concludes his letter to the Romans (before addressing a few more people individually) with a clear reference to this verse in Romans 16:20 where he speaks of Satan being crushed by feet, just like Genesis 3:15.Genesis 3:15 is probably one of the promises being referenced. I’m just sayin’…![]()
Romans 4:13 actually refers back to Genesis 17:4-6.I am the OP.
In Romans 4: 13
The PROMISE to Abraham and his descendents, that they should inherit the kosmos…
God spoke to [Abram] as follows,
4 'For my part, this is my covenant with you: you will become the father of many nations.
5 And you are no longer to be called Abram; your name is to be Abraham, for I am making you father of many nations.
6 I shall make you exceedingly fertile. I shall make you into nations, and your issue will be kings.