Rosary design

• Thread starter Thread starter faith_ful1953us
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

faith_ful1953us

I have been wanting a rosary (actually 4 rosary’s) to better help me to focus on the mystery’s. I ask the venders at the Catholic conferences that I frequent but no one knows of such a design as I ask for. I will explain here and maybe someone can help me:
There would be 4 different rosary’s, one for each set of mystery’s (Glorious, Joyful, Sorrowful and Luminous). Each of the 5 decades would have a bead with an icon of the mystery it represents. Let me give you an example: Start with a regular rosary, the crucifix for the Apostles Creed, one plain bead for the Our Father, 3 plain beads for the Hail Mary’s, another plain bead to announce the first mystery and pray the Our Father…now, for what I am looking for: Say it is the day for the Luminous Mystery rosary, you would choose one of your 4 rosary’s that has the Luminous Mystery beads. On that rosary you would have the first 10 beads of the first decade with the same icon of Baptism of Jesus. The second decade of beads would all look the same, having an icon of Wedding At Cana, etc.
The Glorious Mystery rosary would start out like any other rosary until you get to the first 10 beads of the first mystery. Those first 10 beads would have an icon or an image of The Resurrection, the second set of beads would have an image of The Ascension, etc. Each set of 10 beads would have the same identical image of the mystery that it represents.
I believe that these rosary’s would help my mind from wandering as I prayed the mystery’s.

I make rosaries and the one you describe doesn’t exist – but it sure sounds intriguing. Perhaps you should consider designing one. The stumbling block would be the special beads – you’d have to contract with an artist to design and make them.

'thann

40.png
thann:
I make rosaries and the one you describe doesn’t exist – but it sure sounds intriguing. Perhaps you should consider designing one. The stumbling block would be the special beads – you’d have to contract with an artist to design and make them.

'thann
My thought would be this: instead of having the decade beads depicting the mystery, what if each “Our Father” bead between each decade showed a scene of each new mystery and the “Hail Mary” bead are normal?

Just a thought.

Sherry

Dear friend

It would be possible to do on a larger flat bead, with an image imprinted on one side of the flat bead, there are many old masters out there who have painted just about all of Sacred Scripture and I think this would make an absolutely beautiful Rosary. Rather than have seperate rosaries, you could have four beads prior to the ten hail Mary beads and choose the one for the specific mysteries you are praying, if the mysteries are in order then you would know to pray say on the 3rd of the four beads in every decade.with the Our Father.

I like your idea very much. Infact I want one, let me know when you design and make it and have it approved, I will be your first buyer!

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Thank you for the responses so far. I really want the rosary’s to be as I described them. I don’t have the resourses to do anything about it, though. That is why I posted on the forum. There is such a wide and diverse group of wonderful people on here that may be able to make these rosary’s that I described.
I’ll tell you that I don’t believe they need to be flat. I have them pictured as beads. They would probably have to be larger than the typical “pea” size bead but smaller than a “dime” size (in sphere form). I formed the idea from praying the rosary with Mother Angelica on EWTN. They have wonderful images of each mystery that stay at the bottom corner of the television screen as you pray the rosary, so that image could be on each of the 10 Hail Mary prayers.

I have seen Rosaries which have an image of the mystery at each our Father bead. The Our Father bead is a flat, sort of crystal-like two sided clear frame with the image embedded inside one side, and on the other side the name of the mystery. I have never seen one where the Hail Mary beads have images. The one I saw was at Catholic Books and Gifts here in Dallas TX and it was not cheap: as I recall, about $85.

I don’t know of any separate Rosaries as you describe, but there is one which has all 20 mysteries on it. Check Here

40.png
SherryLynn9:
My thought would be this: instead of having the decade beads depicting the mystery, what if each “Our Father” bead between each decade showed a scene of each new mystery and the “Hail Mary” bead are normal?

Just a thought.

Sherry
Yes this would be my thoughts on it as well.
Four different Rosaries is a bit too much and having the mystery on ea. on the Hail Mary beads would be redundant if the Mystery is already on the Our Father beads.
I do appreciate your thoughts though, Faith_ful1953us!
Annunciata:)

rosaries from places I buy a lot of rosaries (Missionary Oblates, Autom catalog, leaflet missal company catalog) have two that sound like what you want. One has a triangle shaped bead for the Our Father, and on each side is the corresponding Joyful, Sorrowful or glorious mystery title for each decade (don’t know if they have made new ones with 4 mysteries each). the other has a medallion insteadof a bead for the Our Father with a symbol for each of the 3 mysteries corresponding to that decade (again don’t know if they have been updated)
your design is definitely “doable”, you need to find a source for the medallions, design the symbols for each mystery, and find someone to make a prototype

aj why do you need so much stuff? the rosary is still a rosary. Mary don’t care if it is made of knots on a string, or fancy schamncy gold rosaries for 1000 dollars/

40.png
katolik:
aj why do you need so much stuff? the rosary is still a rosary. Mary don’t care if it is made of knots on a string, or fancy schamncy gold rosaries for 1000 dollars/
First of all…the Rosary is NOT STUFF!

Second of all…it is a special Devotion. Need…No, want to honor Christ…Yes! Why would you even question aj?

Each mystery and meditation is a rose and a jewel. For those who do not have a particular devotion, so be it. But to chide someone who is interested in each mystery and meditation is not very …er nice shall we say? :rolleyes:

40.png
Marie:
I don’t know of any separate Rosaries as you describe, but there is one which has all 20 mysteries on it. Check Here
Oh, wow. Cooooool. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back