Rosary Meditation Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Melodeonist
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Melodeonist

Guest
When we meditate on the mysteries of the rosary, are we supposed to imagine the mystery as if it was a movie?
 
I imagine them like a movie! I don’t think there is only one way to do it, though.😃
 
Sometimes I imagine it as a movie and I am an observer. Sometimes I am in the movie, experiencing what is happening. I imagine what I would say and do if I were right there.

When Jesus is getting scourged I stand nearby and keep talking to him telling him I’m sorry and thank you and I love you. At the crowning of thorns I stand in the crowd and shout Jesus! so he can hear someone not saying Barrabas. I walk beside him as he’s carrying his cross and talk to him and tell him how much I appreciate him doing this for me and please don’t give up. Sometimes at the foot of the cross I hold Mother Mary’s hand. At other times I hold an umbrella over Jesus’ head to give him some shade because it is noon and the sun is so hot on his damaged skin. I like to put my arm around Mother Mary at the Ascension because I feel sorry for her that Jesus is leaving and she won’t be able to see him anymore. These are just some examples. It will come to you what you would do if you could go back in time and be there. ❤️
 
When we meditate on the mysteries of the rosary, are we supposed to imagine the mystery as if it was a movie?
What do you think about during an Our Father? Do you imagine a movie?
Prayer is prayer. Meditate as you are inspired to do. Everyone is different.
 
I generally do as it helps me focus, one time I imagined myself causing Jesus to suffer in the garden, flogging him, crowning him with thorns, giving Him His Cross and nudging Him along and finally hammering the nails into Him… It was quite heart-breaking praying like that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top