Rosary Podcasts

  • Thread starter Thread starter lada
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lada

Guest
One of my goals for the new year was to make praying a priority, including praying the rosary everyday. I’m doing o.k. with the other aspects, morning, evening and mealtime prayers with the kids, as well as doing the liturgy of the hours in the morning and evening. But, I’m having trouble coming up with 20 minutes of quiet time to do the rosary. However, I found and downloaded podcasts of the rosary and have been doing well plugging into my iPod and listening along after breakfast, while I’m helping the kids get ready, etc.

I guess I’m just having trouble convincing myself that this “counts”. It works really well for me, because I can listen and pray along, but am still available if something needs done with the kids - I can just hit pause and then go back and not lose my place, and I’ve also done it while doing my treadmill walk at the gym. I am still taking time out to actually get out the rosary beads and do it “traditionally” whenever I have time…
 
I listen and say these on my morning walks ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/seriessearchprog.asp?seriesID=6707&T1=rosary

As with any prayers some days I concentrate/participate in my prayers than others, sometimes it is hard to concentrate/participate when you have two little ones under foot. I don’t see it as counting or not counting, maybe I am seeing it wrong, I’m not mindlessly praying, I am trying as hard as I can, sometimes I do better than others. I don’t think it would be right if I was just mindlessly listening to the prayers, it all depends on the intention IMHO! 👍

Kind of along with this, each mass I pray to Our Lord for me to be able to listen to the whole mass, we have 2 babies under 9 months old. Well in the past 5 months I would guess there has only been 1 mass that I have been able to listen to the whole mass 🤷 doesn’t mean I don’t keep trying 😛
 
I sometimes have to break the Rosary down all day long…it does count! 👍

I got to get me one of those ipod thingys!
 
I’m glad to hear this! I have an Internet radio station and have been debating whether or not to record praying the Rosary for broadcast. Like the OP said, I wasn’t sure it would “count” just to listen and pray along silently.

I guess I will, now!

Miz
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top