A
AIC
Guest
Before I ask my question, I feel it is worth pointing out that I have only been praying the rosary on a daily basis for about 3 weeks.
Here is the situation; my wife (not a catholic…or even a real believer though baptised in the protestant faith) and I have a beautiful 6 year old daughter. For a long time, we have wanted to have a second child. It has proved very difficult, however, for my wife to get pregnant again. Eventually, she became pregnant but miscarried after 7 weeks. She then become pregnant again but then miscarried after 8 weeks. When she became pregnant again a few weeks ago, we were thrilled but naturally cautious.
Separately, I started saying the rosary on a daily basis. When my wife started having bleeding, I included in my rosary prayer a prayer that this pregnancy would work out. The petition seemed to work and all seemed fine. A few days later, I included a petition that my wife would be given the gift of faith and believe in Jesus and become a Catholic.
This morning, my wife learned that she had had a miscarriage, the third in a row. We are both heartbroken. I am now wondering why my rosary prayer did not work (I understand one of the promises to be that anything asked for will be granted). What has happened today will not change my faith one iota or stop me saying the rosary; I would like to hear any ideas, however, as to why my petition was not granted. My second petition (that my wife accepts Jesus as her saviour ) is more important that the first, but I had hoped that being granted the first would have led to the second.
Here is the situation; my wife (not a catholic…or even a real believer though baptised in the protestant faith) and I have a beautiful 6 year old daughter. For a long time, we have wanted to have a second child. It has proved very difficult, however, for my wife to get pregnant again. Eventually, she became pregnant but miscarried after 7 weeks. She then become pregnant again but then miscarried after 8 weeks. When she became pregnant again a few weeks ago, we were thrilled but naturally cautious.
Separately, I started saying the rosary on a daily basis. When my wife started having bleeding, I included in my rosary prayer a prayer that this pregnancy would work out. The petition seemed to work and all seemed fine. A few days later, I included a petition that my wife would be given the gift of faith and believe in Jesus and become a Catholic.
This morning, my wife learned that she had had a miscarriage, the third in a row. We are both heartbroken. I am now wondering why my rosary prayer did not work (I understand one of the promises to be that anything asked for will be granted). What has happened today will not change my faith one iota or stop me saying the rosary; I would like to hear any ideas, however, as to why my petition was not granted. My second petition (that my wife accepts Jesus as her saviour ) is more important that the first, but I had hoped that being granted the first would have led to the second.