Rosary Searching

• Thread starter Thread starter aixia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aixia

Hello all! I recently returned to the Catholic Church after nearly a decade away. (Major falling out with a priest, whole family left, I’m only the second to return.) I’d like to commemorate my return with a new rosary. I haven’t found any stores near me that sell them, so I was wondering if any of you had favorite online sites you could share.

Also, how do I go about getting it blessed? I assume one that I would buy online wouldn’t be blessed.

Thanks! 🙂

Welcome home!

Any rosary that you buy will NOT be blessed. All you have to do is take your rosary to a priest and ask him to bless it. He’ll bless it right there on the spot.

You can just bring it with you to Mass. After Mass when he’s at the door greeting people who are departing the building after Mass, go up to him and ask him to bless it.

He’ll bless your Bible or any medals that you may have with you, as well. All ya gotta do is ask.

There’s all kinds of places to buy rosaries online.

You might try EWTN’s Web site – www.ewtn.com

At the black bar across the top of the EWTN home page are the words “Religious Catalog.”

Roll your mouse over it. A drop-down menu will appear, listing – in alphabetical order – parts of the Religious Catalog. One of those parts is titled “Rosaries.” Click on that word “Rosaries.”

This is the Web page for Rosaries…

ewtn.com/vcatalogue/index.asp?category=rosary

There’s all KINDS of rosaries there.

This is the section of their catalog for for just the rosary that you hold in your hand. There’s 14 pages – each page with 10 rosaries from which to choose.

That’s 140 different rosaries! The first page has the $245 rosaries… Page 14 (the last page) finishes the listing of the $10 rosaries.

It’s all a matter of preference. In a pinch, I just use my fingers.

By the way, anybody can get a free Rosary audio tape or Rosary CD from Catholicity’s Web site, here:

catholicity.com/prayersdevotions/rosary.html

Enjoy shopping!

EWTN’s online catalog has a page for pouches. I think all those pouches are basically the same size. They all have zippers.

For a pouch for my rosary, I just use either a coin purse with a zipper – squeezes open and when released, shuts – that you can get pretty much at any department store.

I got a leather pouch that squeezes open and when released, shuts – for $5 – at a discount leather store by the beach last summer.

Of course, because I happened to have my rosary pouch with my favorite rosary as well as the little fold-up pamphlet of all the mysteries that I keep in my rosary pouch, too, with me in my jean pocket –

I was on my way walking through town to pray my rosary sitting on the sand at the beach –

I could try out the pouch to make sure that it would be the size that would fit my rosary and little fold-out brochure.

Thank you so much! I went onto that site and found an incredible hematite and pearl (my birthstone) rosary and a St. Patrick chaplet (my patron saint). They had so much to choose from! I can’t wait to get them! 🙂

I enjoy finding “orphaned” rosaries - in flea markets, antique malls, yard sales, and on-line auctions. They need good homes 🙂

40.png
aixia:
Hello all! I recently returned to the Catholic Church after nearly a decade away. (Major falling out with a priest, whole family left, I’m only the second to return.) I’d like to commemorate my return with a new rosary. I haven’t found any stores near me that sell them, so I was wondering if any of you had favorite online sites you could share.

Also, how do I go about getting it blessed? I assume one that I would buy online wouldn’t be blessed.

Thanks! 🙂
most Catholic magazines have ads for missionary orders that send rosaries as thank you gifts for a donation (the actual value of the rosary is much less than the amount of the donation, and it is a gift, not a purchase) these are blessed before they are mailed. Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate have sent me many beautiful rosaries over the years, which I use for evangelizing.

40.png
aixia:
Also, how do I go about getting it blessed?
On your way out of the church after Mass, ask Father if he has a moment to bless it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back