Rosary/St. Dominic

• Thread starter Thread starter Mimi
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mimi

I’m writing to encourage all readers to pray the rosary! This is the feast day of St. Dominic who fought the Albigensians in France in the 1200’s. He was given the scriptural way of praying the rosary by Our Lady.

As we have many heresies abounding today, let us all take up this powerful weapon against the Church and the Body of Christ (which IS the Church). Pray for those who are lukewarm to return with zeal and for those who do not believe that God will lead them to the Truth.

If you can’t pray a 5 decade rosary, or don’t want to, just try starting with one decade a day. It took a couple of years for my desire to pray the 5 decade rosary daily to turn into the real committment. I may have missed a (very) few, but have kept it up for 3 years. I believe my son was saved from serious injury in a car accident overseas; he’d fallen asleep at the wheel and walked away with a few scratches (in 2002)! Also, for the return of my first son who was relinquished for adoption (with great sorrow) and returned to me in 2003 (with great joy). And for my dh’s conversion!

Also, St. Dominic prayed for an end to drought when he returned home to Spain; the people were starving; they got soaked after he prayed. We are experiencing drought in the midwest, so I will ask for his intercession to relieve us from the drought.

Sorry for those of you who are experiencing floods!

Ave Maria, Gratia Plena
Mimi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back