Rosary Stories

• Thread starter Thread starter furlan1985
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

furlan1985

Does anyone know of a Conversion Story (or something similar) of a Saint because of the Rosary? If so could you please post it? Thanks a lot.

I can’t think of any but I do have personal experiences with St. Therese the little flower…

BTW where in Ontario r u…we just might know eachother 😛

Not really a conversion story, but I remember one time when I was praying the Rosary after a Friday Mass I felt the very distinct sensation a lot of water running down my right side (not sweat). I expected to look down and see my shirt soaking wet, but it was dry. :cool:

There might be something under the earlier “Praying the Rosary” thread…

40.png
furlan1985:
Does anyone know of a Conversion Story (or something similar) of a Saint because of the Rosary? If so could you please post it? Thanks a lot.
Here’s a good one. Click link to see full version.

** Bl. Bartolo Longo: Modern Rosary Saint**

“Brother Rosary”

One day in the fields around Pompeii called Arpaia. . .I recalled my former condition as a priest of Satan. Father Alberto had told me repeatedly never again to think of, or reflect on (this), but I thought that perhaps as the priesthood of Christ is for eternity, so also the priesthood of Satan is for eternity.
Code:
"So, despite my repentance, I thought: I am still consecrated to Satan, and I am still his slave and property as he awaits me in Hell. As I pondered over my condition, I experienced a deep sense of despair and almost committed suicide. Then I heard an echo in my ear of the voice of Friar Alberto repeating the words of the Blessed Virgin Mary:

‘One who propagates my Rosary shall be saved.’

These words certainly brought an illumination to my soul. Falling to my knees, I exclaimed: ‘If your words are true that he who propagates your Rosary will be saved, I shall reach salvation because I shall not leave this earth without propagating your Rosary.’ At that moment the little bell of the parish church rang out, inviting the people to pray the Angelus. This incident was like a signature to my firm decision."

Later he wrote, “What is my vocation? To write about Mary, to have Mary praised, to have Mary loved.”

Bartolo lost no time. He made repeated trips to the Valley of Pompeii to teach the people how to pray the Rosary.

marymediatrix.com/kb/kb6/14.shtml

hurst

St Dominic in his travels was teaching people to pray the rosary. At one gathering there was one boystrous person interupting the prayers. he knew what was happenning and asked everyone to pray it for this person. To their astonishment the crowd witnessed demons coming out of this person as they prayed.

A young girl went to the confessional and the priest asked her why she was not confessing. She was just going to please her parents. The girl eventually told the priest how she made a pact with the devil that she would make 9 sacreligious communions if he helped her escape from the school. She had escaped.
Then the girl left. That night the priest was to pray the rosary with a group of laymen. He asked if they could pray it for a special intention. For the girl, that is. All but one agreed. They prayed and left/
No sooner had they left than the girl showed up and made her confession to the priest.

I gave a rosary blessed by JPII to my brother. It had a broken link. I had just finished explaining to my brother the value of the rosary and that it had been blessed by a great saint - JPII. He was still in the middle of his conversion process. He was going to fix it out back at work, and when he got the pliers he looked at it and the link was repaired. Maybe a miracle. Had a profound influence on him.

Do read “The Secret of The Rosary” by St. Louis De Montfort.

It will cement your devotion to The Rosary (as it did mine).

i heard a story about a priest who lived in hiroshima and he prayed the rosary every morning. When america dropped the atom bomb his house remained standing.

40.png
Blaise:
Do read “The Secret of The Rosary” by St. Louis De Montfort.

It will cement your devotion to The Rosary (as it did mine).
Yes do ! this book is what influenced JPII, and the Rosary was his favourite prayer.

Thank you for your posts everyone… Yes, I have read ‘The Secret of the Rosary’ many times and I love it. I got the story of King Alphonsus from it. We’re in the process of recording a CD of the Rosary with all the mysteries and meditations. I needed a story to put in a letter that goes with the CD.

40.png
Nance:
I can’t think of any but I do have personal experiences with St. Therese the little flower…

BTW where in Ontario r u…we just might know eachother 😛
Where in Ontario? Tough question… I lived the first 15 years of my life in Hamilton, I moved to Scarborough (Toronto) for some years, then briefly in Windsor, now in Nobleton, just above Toronto. Where in Ontario are you?

Check out 101 Stories of the Rosary. Has all kind of conversion and miracle stories connected with the rosary. I think it was published by Sophia, but I know you will find it easily if you Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back