Rosary

• Thread starter Thread starter Paris_Blues
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paris_Blues

Hello everyone! Hope you had a great Christmas…I sure did! One of my presents was my parents got me my own Rosary for Christmas! How cool is that? Now, I don’t have a clue how to use it…well, I know you hold it when you pray the Hail Mary, etc. Could someone please explain?😃

blessings,
Nicole

catholic.com/library/rosary.asp and
legionofmary.org/rosary.htm will give you excellent instruction in the whys and hows of the rosary. Also ncregister.com has a beautiful booklet with pictures of the mysteries. As does the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. As you say the Hail Mary’s meditate on the aspect of the life of Christ that the mystery you are on represents. For example, on the first Joyful Mystery, the Incarnation of our Lord, you could think about how Jesus made himself small and helpless, or try to make a mental picture of the Angel Gabriel and the Blessed Virgin conversing.
God Bless, Momsix

The Rosary is weird to say at first, until it becomes almost second nature so that you are better able to think about those mysteries of Christ’s life. So stick with it!!!
You may also want to try the divine mercy one sometime- I say it on Fridays- catholicity.com/prayersdevotions/divinemercy.html
If you can catch it sung on EWTN, it is absolutely beautiful. I try to sing it like that.

Make sure to have the rosary blessed before using it IF possible.

Sir Knight:
Make sure to have the rosary blessed before using it IF possible.
What you mean? :confused: You mean, someone has to bless it? :ehh:

Items used for prayer and worship (rosaries, statues, pictures, medals, crosses, etc.) SHOULD be blessed by a priest, who has the authority to do so. Then when a person uses those items, additional graces are obtained.

Sir Knight:
Items used for prayer and worship (rosaries, statues, pictures, medals, crosses, etc.) SHOULD be blessed by a priest, who has the authority to do so. Then when a person uses those items, additional graces are obtained.
So if it’s not blessed, and I use it, I’m condemned to Hell.:confused:

Beware, there is a lot of conflict among Rosary instructions, and some of the older ones leave out the Luminous Mysteries. There is also conflict regarding which days the mysteries fall. I read in Catholicism for Dummies that Luminous was for Thursdays, but heard these when I went to my first group Rosary last Wednesday. And people insert extra prayers…

Paris Blues:
So if it’s not blessed, and I use it, I’m condemned to Hell.:confused:
I didn’t say that. What I said, or meant to say, was that the faithful who use with devotion an object of piety (crucifix, cross, rosary, scapular or medal) properly blessed by any priest, can acquire a partial indulgence.

But if this object of piety is blessed by the Supreme Pontiff or any bishop, the faithful who use it devoutly can also acquire a plenary indulgence on the feast of the holy Apostles Peter and Paul, provided they also make a profession of faith using any legitimate formula.source.

Speaking of getting sacramentals blessed… Do you think a priest would refuse or hesitate to bless a rosary with a broken crucifix? I’ve been putting it off because of that. It isn’t that bad, it’s just one hand missing from the corpus… And I really don’t want to replace it, because it’s been like this since I got it… it’d be kinda like abandoning the runt of the bunch, you know?
:o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back