Roses to honor Mary and other Saints?

• Thread starter Thread starter bluezone7
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bluezone7

Does anyone know anything about the tradition of leaving Roses, pendants, or anything else, next to statues or shrines to honor Mary and the saints? Does anyone here practice this?

Dear friend,

It is customary at a couple’s wedding to take a small bouquet over to a statue of Mary. You may also have heard of “May crownings” where the participants place a crown of flowers upon Mary’s head. Flowers are a common sign of respect and devotion that outwardly shows the love in our heart. We send our loved one roses on Valentine’s Day, yes?

🙂 Carole

I have a statue of Our Lady of Lourdes, and I bought a yellow rose
and laid it at her feet.

There is a cleaning lady at a place where I work on Saturdays, its a garden center. Every week when my roses are growing at home (I have about 100) I cut off flowers to put in the store. Every week she asks if she can take some. She takes them I found out to put in front of her schrine to Santo Antonio. So I feel very proud to help her. Its my small way of honoring this Saint.

We have a Mary garden just outside our family room. It is such a nice place to sit, think and pray. I found a wonderful statue of Mary and some flowers that are more traditional. 😃

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back