Sacred Heart Chaplet

• Thread starter Thread starter Sola
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sola

I am trying to grow in my faith and today I purchased a Chaplet of the Sacred Heart. The instructions that came with it (which actually call it a Rosary of the Sacred Heart, instead of a Chaplet, which I don’t know if there is a difference) say what to say at the Crucifix, at the large beads, the small beads, at the end of each decade, and at the conclusion. They are nice, simple prayers, which is helpful to a new Catholic.

However, the instructions do not say what, if anything, to do or say at the medal (it, with the crucifix, is attached to the same little link at the beginning of the Chaplet), nor what to say at the conterpiece, which has Mary on both sides (like on a regular Rosary).

Does anyone know if there is an action or prayer that goes at these places? I just prayed the Chaplet and skipped over those two things since they weren’t addressed, but I want to make sure I’m not missing out on something.

Does anyone else pray this Chaplet?

If my question doesn’t make sense, please let me know and I’ll try to clarify it! Thank you all!

40.png
Sola:
I am trying to grow in my faith and today I purchased a Chaplet of the Sacred Heart. The instructions that came with it (which actually call it a Rosary of the Sacred Heart, instead of a Chaplet, which I don’t know if there is a difference) say what to say at the Crucifix, at the large beads, the small beads, at the end of each decade, and at the conclusion. They are nice, simple prayers, which is helpful to a new Catholic.

However, the instructions do not say what, if anything, to do or say at the medal (it, with the crucifix, is attached to the same little link at the beginning of the Chaplet), nor what to say at the conterpiece, which has Mary on both sides (like on a regular Rosary).

Does anyone know if there is an action or prayer that goes at these places? I just prayed the Chaplet and skipped over those two things since they weren’t addressed, but I want to make sure I’m not missing out on something.

Does anyone else pray this Chaplet?

If my question doesn’t make sense, please let me know and I’ll try to clarify it! Thank you all!
Try the link below
catholicdoors.com/prayers/chaplets/chap24.htm

The medal does not usually have a prescribed prayer. When I say a regular rosary in private, I insert the Hail Holy Queen at the medal and then offer the remaining beads for the Holy Father.

The medal can be good spot for focusing your eyes to help with meditation, too.

This if from a poorly catechized convert who has been entirely surprised by the beauty and power of the Rosary. 👍

John, thanks for the link. The Chaplet I bought actually is the one from this link

catholicdoors.com/prayers/chaplets/chap55.htm

(Those are the prayers that came with it)

Mamamull,

So, you think the Sacred Heart medal and the Mary centerpiece don’t need to have any prayers or anything? I like the idea of using the either of them to focus on meditation. Are they just sort of freebies to go along with the crucifix and beads?

Thank you both for your answers!

P.S. The instructions call the little medal-type thing that is at the Y juncture a “conterpiece” - I don’t know if that is a typo or a real word. I couldn’t find it in the dictionary, so I guess I’ll call it a centerpiece, or does anyone know what the real name for the object is? (This is not the Sacred Heart medal that is attached to the crucifix - this is the thing that joins the short, long piece to the circle of beads, which makes it at a sort of Y juncture.

Thanks.

40.png
Sola:
John, thanks for the link. The Chaplet I bought actually is the one from this link

catholicdoors.com/prayers/chaplets/chap55.htm

(Those are the prayers that came with it)

Mamamull,

So, you think the Sacred Heart medal and the Mary centerpiece don’t need to have any prayers or anything? I like the idea of using the either of them to focus on meditation. Are they just sort of freebies to go along with the crucifix and beads?

Thank you both for your answers!

P.S. The instructions call the little medal-type thing that is at the Y juncture a “conterpiece” - I don’t know if that is a typo or a real word. I couldn’t find it in the dictionary, so I guess I’ll call it a centerpiece, or does anyone know what the real name for the object is? (This is not the Sacred Heart medal that is attached to the crucifix - this is the thing that joins the short, long piece to the circle of beads, which makes it at a sort of Y juncture.

Thanks.
If its not a particular medal ( sacramental such as a miraculous medal) then you can just call it the centrepiece.

Just a bump to say thank you to John and to see if anyone else has any thoughts or experiences with the Chaplet of the Sacred Heart.

Thanks!
🙂

Sola are you referring to the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy ? I say that every day . If so I can send you the prayer to say before and after .

God bless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back