Sacred Heart Devotion

• Thread starter Thread starter St.Eric
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

St.Eric

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to start a thread specifically for those who are practicing the Sacred Heart Devotion; for those who don’t know what it is and would like to know; and for anyone else who may develop an interest in this awesome devotion. I would like this thread to be a place to discuss anything related to the devotion. I know it is easy to get off topic- I am new here and I am already guilty of it myself! So, please try to remain on the subject.
I began the devotion myself 10 months ago and I am totalyy commited to it! It will be a lifelong devotion for me and I hope it will become the same for you. For a primer on the devotion, follow the link below. I look forward to growing in the devotion and having some good discussions!

May the peace of te Sacred Heart be with you all!

sacredheartdevotion.com

I really can’t believe than no one is practicing this devotion except for me!!!??? This devotion has really been a blessing. Some powerful things have happend in my life since I began this devotion. The devotion is really a testament to Christ’s power and love for us, if only we seek him and put ourselves at his mercy.

Do not fear …there are others out there as well…well me anyways!

In our parish we have First Friday Mass in honor of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and then there is Eucharistic adoration that begins after Mass and lasts till 4:00 PM in the afternoon.

Several years ago I asked Legion of Mary members if they could tell me about the Enthronement of the Sacred Heart in the home.
They were delighted to arrange for me to have a beautiful picture of the Sacred Heart of Jesus enthroned in my living room over the fireplace in a simple ceremony that a priest presided over.

It was very meaningful to me, and all my children’s names were mentioned in the prayer, even though they are all grown and on their own. Shortly after that, at a family reunion, I asked them to sign a small picture of the Sacred Heart which had room for signatures of my children, in agreement that Jesus is the head of their families.

There was a mission in a church in my area a couple of years ago where the Enthronement was explained and highly recommended. Many families arranged to have it in their home.

Those who still have children at home gather around the picture for a prayer daily. It is a very meaningful devotion and many blessings come from it.

Here is a good read on Sacred Heart Devotion:

opusangelorum.org/English/Sacredheart.html

I never heard it promoted until I changed parishes and walked right into the Novena for it. I didn’t want to bother with it at first, but then began to read the above link and it suddenly seemed warm.

Great links! Thanks! I recently had our parish priest perfom teh Sacred Heart enthronment in our home; it was a really nice ceremony with our children present. I try my best to oberserve the Sacred Heart holy hours- rise at 11PM every Thursday night and engage in an hour of prayer. This recalls the apostles who were in the Garden of Gesthemene who were “supposed” to keep watch with Jesus. I find kneeling in front of the newly enthroned image with candles lit, brings me to a higher level of prayer. It is really great and somewhat mystical.

40.png
melbourne_guy:
i wouldnt mind starting it, i need some powerful prayers 🙂
All I can say is go for it Melbourne! Follow the link that I posted on the start of this thread. It is a good site that will give you the basics to begin the devotion. The devotion is really a worthwile endeavor. God Bless!

40.png
St.Eric:
Great links! Thanks! I recently had our parish priest perfom teh Sacred Heart enthronment in our home; it was a really nice ceremony with our children present. I try my best to oberserve the Sacred Heart holy hours- rise at 11PM every Thursday night and engage in an hour of prayer. This recalls the apostles who were in the Garden of Gesthemene who were “supposed” to keep watch with Jesus. I find kneeling in front of the newly enthroned image with candles lit, brings me to a higher level of prayer. It is really great and somewhat mystical.
That’s great! It would be wonderful if more priests would promote the enthronement.

I give myself and consecrate to the Sacred Heart of our Lord Jesus Christ, my person and my life, my actions, pains and sufferings, so that I may be unwilling to make use of any part of my being other than to honor, love and glorify the Sacred Heart. This is my unchanging purpose, namely, to be all His, and to do all things for the love of Him, at the same time renouncing with all my heart whatever is displeasing to Him. I therefore take You, O Sacred heart, to be the only object of my love, the guardian of my life, my assurance of salvation, the remedy of my weakness and inconstancy, the atonement for all the faults of my life and my sure refuge at the hour of death.
Be then, O Heart of goodness, my justification before God the Father, and turn away from me the strokes of his righteous anger. O Heart of love, I put all my confidence in You, for I fear everything from my own wickedness and frailty, but I hope for all things from Your goodness and bounty.

Remove from me all that can displease You or resist Your holy will; let your pure love imprint Your image so deeply upon my heart, that I shall never be able to forget You or to be separated from You.

May I obtain from all Your loving kindness the grace of having my name written in Your Heart, for in You I desire to place all my happiness and glory, living and dying in bondage to You.

Amen.

40.png
St.Eric:
Can anyone recommend any good books on the Sacred Heart devotion?
I haven’t read all of it yet, but The Devotion To The Sacred Heart of Jesus: How To Practice The Sacred Heart Devotion seems like a good book. It’s by Fr. John Croiset, S.J.

I did this devotion a long time ago, and I think I have received many blessings because of it. 🙂

God Bless!
Kathleen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back