Saint Cecilia

• Thread starter Thread starter kellyw
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kellyw

I need to pick a saint for my confirmation and i would like to use Saint Cecilia patroness of music, but i cant quite find the one i want. The one that is in my old childrens book of saints tells a shortened form of her life story and then it says “when her body was found in its grave in Rome. Her body was found to be fresh, sweet, and beautiful as if she were still asleep. yet she had been dead for 1800 years.” Does anyone know where i can find her? Or is this maybe wrong and the other versions are right? many of the details are close except the part of when her body was found.

Go to the search engine and there are some things on her, oh and she is an excellent choice:) God Bless

Thanks, but would you know exactly where i could look? I have been looking for a little while now. I tried the search engine on this site and google and i havent found her yet.

40.png
kellyw:
thanks i found her. thanks so much! peace and god bless
Your welcome and congradulations:)

St. Cecilia is an excellent choice.

I chose her as my patroness when I was confirmed in 1995. The evening after my confirmation I canted my first Mass. I have terrible stage fright and am generally unable to sing solos in front of people, but I am able to serve as a cantor at my parish. I know that I am called to do this, and feel the Holy Spirit helping me as I serve at Mass, but I also believe that St. Cecilia did some mighty interceding on my behalf. I pray for God’s strength before every Mass I serve, and I also ask for St. Cecilia’s prayers. I have never once been let down- I always feel the strength of the Holy Spirit in me, and I feel blessed to have such a strong prayer partner in St. Cecilia.

Our parish choir also prays before every rehearsal, Mass, and performance, and after our prayers to God we ask St. Cecilia to pray for us. Her prayers avail much- at our last evening prayer service, a lot of things went wrong with our carefully rehearsed music. Unbeknownst to us, our choir director had recorded the whole thing, and he was in disbelief when he heard the tape- he couldn’t hear any of the mistakes and we sounded quite lovely.

How blessed we are to have the communion of saints to pray for us!

http://www.nd.edu/~artslide/europeanart/gifs/euro28.gif

Cecilia was my confirmation name as well! I visited the church of St Cecilia many times when I studied in Rome three years ago. At the foot of the altar, is this wonderful statue by Maderno of St Cecilia depicting the position her body was in when it was discovered centuries after her martyrdom. According to the legend, her body was found incorrupt, though it is more likely that she was naturally mummified. Notice that her left hand is giving a sign of peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back