Saint for frugality and/or willpower

• Thread starter Thread starter sarcophagus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sarcophagus

Hey, I need to start a novena to a saint because our spending is so out of hand. Our car recently broke down and we found ourselves in our overdrafts because our visa/loans were maxed out not to mention the fact that we had no savings. I’m completely ashamed of myself because I thought I was responsible but i let my habits get the best of me…

So who do you suggest?

Thanks

There is a man, Matt Talbot, who is being examined for canonisation. He was a practicing alcoholic who got sober through the grace of God and dedicated himself to Eucharistic Adoration until his death. My suggestion would be to pray for his cannonization and for his intercession.

Prayer for the Canonisation of Matt Talbot:

Lord, in your servant, Matt Talbot, you have given us a wonderful example of triumph over addiction, of devotion to duty and of lifelong reverence for the Most Holy Sacrament. may his life of prayer and penance give us courage to take up our crosses and follow in the footsteps of Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Father, if it be your will that your beloved servant should be glorified by your Church, make known by your heavenly favours the power he enjoys in your sight. We ask this through the same Jesus Christ Our Lord, Amen.

Also, does your Parish offer a Crown Ministries course? Mine does and it has been tremendously helpful to people stuggling with money addiction.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back