Saint Padre Pio Guided My Little Sister to the Next World. A Woman's Own Account

• Thread starter Thread starter mdgspencer
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mdgspencer

A personal story about Padre Pio:
Code:
My thirteen year old sister Bernadette was paralyzed from birth. She was very bright
and very pretty. In the last year of her life she suffered great sickness and severe pain with very little sleep or rest. She always wore a relic of Padre Pio pinned to her vest. One morning, Bernadette told us she had slept all night and that a lovely man appeared at her bedside during the night. She said he wore a long dress with a rope around the waist and he had a beard. Hew told her he was taking her away to a land where she would have no pain or sickness ever again. Upon hearing this, my mother became very upset. The man held her hand and she said she was not afraid because he was a holy man. Bernadette asked him to leave her here a little bit longer. She talked about the "holy man: all the time. As the days went by we all knew she had seen somebody because she seemed so peaceful. Six weeks later, on June 1, 1978, Bernadette died with no pain. Padre Pio appeared to my little sister and took her away her fear of death and guided her gently away from this world to the next.
–Elizabeth Reid

This is one of the personal accounts of Padre Pio gathered at padrepiodevotions.org/testimonials/
Padre Pio, recognized as one of the great Catholic saints of the Twentieth Century, is well known for some extraordinary things.

Last edited:
Great story. I’ve heard many people talking about Padre Pio, saying what a great saint he is. I will read more on his life and teachings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back