Saint to share someone's pain at death

• Thread starter Thread starter chrisg93
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chrisg93

My Aunt is dying of cancer and is suffering physically and mentally.

I know I have read somewhere of a Saint who would pray that Jesus would let the Saint take on the suffering of dying people. Jesus granted her wish and the Saint (female I think) felt much pain.

Can anyone provide the details and the story of this Saint?

That sounds familiar, but I think she had asked Jesus to let her take on the suffering of the souls in purgatory. I’m blanking out on her name but I believe she was Italian.

40.png
Jadesfire20:
That sounds familiar, but I think she had asked Jesus to let her take on the suffering of the souls in purgatory. I’m blanking out on her name but I believe she was Italian.
Just recently I read about Catherine of Sienna who many times very generously would agree to go to Purgatory to suffer for the poor souls. Then there’s Sister Josefa Menendez of whom is described in the book “The Way of Divine Love,” who at the suggestion of Jesus would willingly stay in Hell for awhile for the conversions of sinners. Wow! When I consider these saints, I become somewhat discouraged. The verse of 1 Peter 4:18 is also pretty startling: If the righteous man is scarcely saved, where will the impious and sinner appear.

I imagine that Saint Gertrude the Great must also have suffered a lot for others. I am not so familiar with her story, but she is the one to whom is given a prayer by Jesus which would realease 1,000 souls from Purgatory each time it is said:

*“Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family - Amen.”

I love to finish all my prayers with the one above.

Our Lady said that if we pray the prayer, “we’ll deliver so many souls, so many souls!”

also pray to St. Peregrine, the patron saint of cancer sufferers, for your aunt. St. Joseph is the patron of the dying, because he presumably died in the arms of Jesus and Mary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back