Saints/Blesseds?

• Thread starter Thread starter justbeinfrank
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

justbeinfrank

My understanding is that a saint is someone who is in Heaven.

What is a blessed? Do we know for sure that a blessed is in Heaven? If so, then what’s with the dichotomy between saint and blessed? If not, why isn’t one miracle good enough to be considered a saint? If they’re working even one miracle, isn’t that proof enough?

Cheers,
Frank

40.png
justbeinfrank:
My understanding is that a saint is someone who is in Heaven.

What is a blessed? Do we know for sure that a blessed is in Heaven? If so, then what’s with the dichotomy between saint and blessed? If not, why isn’t one miracle good enough to be considered a saint? If they’re working even one miracle, isn’t that proof enough?

Cheers,
Frank
Here is some good information about it. Hope that helps.

Blessed people are going through the cannonization program and Saints have gone through it and are canonized.

There is a good point in the article posted that people must wait 5 years after they died. For example if we waited 5 years after the Pope died, we might more clearly examine his life. To see if anything he did was ordinary or extraordinary.

Seems like some people are “blessed” forever. Like Kateri Takakwitha. I remember visiting a shrine for American matrys in Auriesvllie, NY (I think that was how the spelled it) as a child ans she was blessed then and still seems to be only blessed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back