Satan’s Abilities

  • Thread starter Thread starter Augustine3
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Augustine3

Guest
Is Satan able to read our minds in order to tempt us or does he know our weaknesses through our actions?
 
Is Satan able to read our minds in order to tempt us or does he know our weaknesses through our actions?
Well one thing satan is not is not omniscience or omnipresent. So I don’t think he could read our mind. One way to look at it is he has lots of practice and knows where to find our week spots. So I would say it is by our words and deeds that he knows how to tempt us. Satan has been doing it since he fell and the creation of man.

I do offer the below from the CCC if it helps.

395 The power of Satan is, nonetheless, not infinite. He is only a creature, powerful from the fact that he is pure spirit, but still a creature. He cannot prevent the building up of God’s reign. Although Satan may act in the world out of hatred for God and his kingdom in Christ Jesus, and although his action may cause grave injuries - of a spiritual nature and, indirectly, even of a physical nature- to each man and to society, the action is permitted by divine providence which with strength and gentleness guides human and cosmic history. It is a great mystery that providence should permit diabolical activity, but “we know that in everything God works for good with those who love him.”

I hope some of this was helpful.
 
=Augustine3;8257900]Is Satan able to read our minds in order to tempt us or does he know our weaknesses through our actions?
Not only can and does satan REAd our minds He can even be the Author of some of our thoughts.

BUT HE ONLY GAINS ACCESS WHEN WE UNLOCK THE DOOR AND LET HIM HIM. He cannot MAKE us do anything we don’t agree to do:eek:

God Bless,
Pat
 
Is Satan able to read our minds in order to tempt us or does he know our weaknesses through our actions?
I guess that he is only allowed to go where God lets him to go. And still there are the angels who are stronger than him (them). And the Saints too.
 
'Then the Lord said to the devil: “Tell me what you feel in your heart and how you like this great love I have for her.” The devil replied and said: "I have two eyes, one of them corporeal, although I am not corporeal, by means of which I perceive temporal things so clearly that there is none so hidden or so dark that it can hide itself from me. The second eye is a spiritual one with which I see every pain no matter how slight and can understand to which sin it pertains. There is no sin so tenuous and slight that I do not see it, unless it has been purged by penance. However, although there are no organs more sensitive than the eyes, still I would much rather have two burning torches uninterruptedly penetrate my eyes than for her to see with the eyes of her spirit.

I also have two ears. One of them is corporeal, and no one speaks so privately that I do not hear and know it with this ear. The second is a spiritual ear, and no one thinks of or aims at any sin, be it ever so hidden, that I do not hear it with this ear, unless it has been blotted out by penance. There is a certain punishment in hell that is like a bubbling torrent, streaming out of a terribly hot fire. I would rather suffer this to flow in and out of my ears with out cease than that she should hear anything with the ears of her spirit. I also have a spiritual heart. I would let it be ceaselessly cut to pieces and constantly renewed to be punished again just in order for her heart to grow cold in your love. But, now, since you deal straightly, let me ask a question for you to answer me: Tell me, why do you love her so much, and why did you not choose someone holier, richer, and prettier for yourself?" The Lord answered: “Because that is what justice demanded. You were created in me and beheld all justice in me.”’
  • The Revelations of St. Bridget
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top