Schizophrenia vs Demonic influence

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChristRocket
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isaiah 45:7 - “I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things.” (Douay-Rheims)

Did God create schizophrenia?
 
Isaiah 45:7 - “I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things.” (Douay-Rheims)

Did God create schizophrenia?
No our fall and the devil did.
 
No way. This is as old as the Bible itself. There are always groups that are stigmatized. In the Lords time it was the leper. Now it is the mentally ill. Pick another group to label as demonic. There is no link between mental illness and the demonic. To do so is to stigmatize and is highly illogical. Mental illness has origins in brain chemistry nothing more. To label any group demonic is do them a severe disservice. I remember Creflo Dollar put mental illness as a demonic disease. I never watched an episode again. This is cruel and wrong. Goodbye.
 
No way. This is as old as the Bible itself. There are always groups that are stigmatized. In the Lords time it was the leper. Now it is the mentally ill. Pick another group to label as demonic. There is no link between mental illness and the demonic. To do so is to stigmatize and is highly illogical. Mental illness has origins in brain chemistry nothing more. To label any group demonic is do them a severe disservice. I remember Creflo Dollar put mental illness as a demonic disease. I never watched an episode again. This is cruel and wrong. Goodbye.
What would you expect Christ to say if you asked Him if mental disorders are demonic? If it’s stigmatizing, I’m in their boat, but I personally do not think it’s stigmatizing.
 
Hey hey lets just have a calm conversation. God causes some people to suffer sometimes for certain reasons, lets say i decided to do a bunch of evil and hurt alot of people and become evil myself, god has the right to use his power (indirectly) to punish me, usually through allowing demons to attack me. Another case if i do something I sorta know better to not do, like lets say I treat others badly because they make me angry or something like that, god can punish me or have mercy on me it isn’t from him directly but it is indirectly, We ourselves i agree do suffer because of our fall, or in other words we are disciplined. But i am sure you get the idea.
“God is in no way, directly or indirectly, the cause of moral evil.” --CCC 311. Causing people to suffer is morally evil. Therefore God is in no way, directly or indirectly, the cause of peoples’ suffering. Their suffering is entirely the fault of created persons, either human or diabolical.

The notion that God makes people suffer is based on an overly-literal interpretation of certain Old Testament passages and has no place in the Catholic faith.
 
I came across a video on youtube on the “Video Sancto” channel, where Exorcist Fr Chad Ripperger was talking about his Exorcist friend who visited a psychiatric ward. The Exorcist thought to himself that most of these people had demonic influence and he did his prayers over them and these people were fine after that and went home fine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top