Scrupulous question about a blessed Scapular

  • Thread starter Thread starter StudentMI
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StudentMI

Guest
So, I got a Brown Scapular from my sponsor in RCIA. Our parish priest at the time blessed it. I had been wearing it, and last time I did I noticed one part of the fabric around my shoulders was fraying, and stopped wearing it lest it fall off and I lose it. What should I do with it? I know sewing it to repair it would be fine, but if it ever came to not wearing it, what should I do with it? Bury it, give it to a priest, or just keep it? I don’t want to desecrate it.
 
Blessed sacramentals can be disposed of by either burying or burning them respectfully. If the latter unsettles you, just recall that this is how old American flags no longer fit for display are disposed of.

-ACEGC
 
Or

You can put it somewhere for a blessing!

Eg: in your car, locker, drawer in kitchen, Work Suitcase,
Another idea, Put it in the ground near the entrance to your home.(to keep evil away)

Blessed objects are armour against evil,
So, I got a Brown Scapular from my sponsor in RCIA. Our parish priest at the time blessed it. I had been wearing it, and last time I did I noticed one part of the fabric around my shoulders was fraying, and stopped wearing it lest it fall off and I lose it. What should I do with it? I know sewing it to repair it would be fine, but if it ever came to not wearing it, what should I do with it? Bury it, give it to a priest, or just keep it? I don’t want to desecrate it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top