Search and Discover retreat

• Thread starter Thread starter JCPhoenix
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JCPhoenix

Has anyone attended a “Search and Discover” retreat in your area?

For those who don’t know what it is, it’s a retreat for those who are discerning vocations to religious life/priesthood.

There is one next weekend here in Mn that I’m considering attending, if certain things fall into place for me (ie if it’s God’s will).

If you have gone, can you share your experience here? Was it helpful to you? Was it not helpful?

I went to something like that in my diocese…might have been called seek and find, or something like that. I had a great time, we spent time just talking with recently ordained priests and getting to know how priests live day to day…most of us on the retreat already had been talking with someone else about the other parts of the priesthood so the retreat was really just to help us along the discernment process. The priests shared their story and we were able to ask them questions on topics that concerned us. We had some time for reflection and then we had the Bishop come and say Mass.

Thanks Sanctus!

And just because I’m not sure if my initial post was clear, this reatreat is for both men and women discerning vocations.

It sounds like yours was for men specifically. I’m glad to hear it went well from what you described.

Anyone else? I would like to hear not only about the Search and Discover, but other discernment retreats as well if someone has someting to say about it.

Anyone? …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back