Seeds

• Thread starter Thread starter edwinG
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

edwinG

Hi,
I have been thinking about “the seed” and want to put these thoughts to you for your comment. I am trying to solidify my ideas and need imput.
Genesis 5: 1-32. Adam to Noah, Shem, Ham and Japheth. Is this a list of seed. No doubt that many thousands of people were also born, but these people have been listed.
Matthew 1:1-16 Abraham to Joseph/Christ. (Seed again, Jesus being fully seed fully God.?)
Do these people carry an extra responsibility?
Is Romans 14:4 applicable? Who are you to judge another’s servant. To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
Matthew 13:37 He answered and said to them, " He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man"
Matthew 13:8 (Not sown by Christ, but by a sower) But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop some a hundred, some sixty, some thirty."
So in summation, Does Jesus sow the good seed of which Romans 14:4 is applicable and this good seed sows seed some of which falls on shallow ground etc but some produces a bountiful crop.
Therefore we may be sown by Jesus ( given a huge responsibility and be required to do much) or be sown by the seed who has this special responsibilty to bring people to Christ here on earth but in whom the promise of Romans 14:4 is not applicable.
I hope this is understandable?
Christ be with you
walk in lovehttp://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon7.gif
edwinG

I am not sure I understand all that you are asking but the following comes to mind:

In Romans 14;4 Paul seems to be simply saying that a person who observes dietary restrictions should not judge a person who doesn’t and vice versa. Both such people are God’s servant and so the individuals have no cause to judge each other.

In Matthew chapter 12 we are priviledged to read the meaning of the sowing parables. It seems like all of us are seeds. Those who are children of God are good seed and those who are children of darkness are bad seed.

May we all find good soil. Hope this discussion helps some

-Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back