Seeking advice/would this be a sin also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest1

Warning - Women’s health-related issues. Please leave if you don’t want to read stuff related to menstruation.

I’m not looking for medical advice, but if you know a good professional Catholic medical organization that you think could help me please let me know.

So I’m a woman and I have health-related issues when it comes to my menstrual cycle. They last long and are heavy. I was hospitalized because of this twice.

I’m on birth control, but I still keep bleeding. Apparently I have a fibroid.

I don’t want children and I’m 28. I don’t want marriage either.

I’m not fornicating and hopefully never will. I’m choosing a life of celibacy.

Would getting a hysterectomy be okay? Or any procedure that would cause me to be infertile?

It seems that any therapeutic remedy, medication, or even surgery would be morally acceptable, because you have a condition that needs treatment, and clearly you have no contraceptive intent, even if the operation did end up making you sterile (as in a hysterectomy).

I would say to go with whatever your doctor recommends. And I hesitate to say this as a male addressing a woman, but I do hope your medical problem can be resolved in some way that preserves your ability to bear children one day. You are young and you could always change your mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back