Seeking Gods prescence

• Thread starter Thread starter SojournerOf78
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SojournerOf78

When I was protestant I was always deterred from doing this…but I am looking for Gods prescence…Are we suppose to seek God in His fullest or should we shun that type of stuff for the “Bible Alone”???

i’m curious what denomination discouraged you from seeking God’s presence?

one great way you’ll find His presence is in the Eucharist.

also, where two or more are gathered in His name.

also, in the poor.

you’ll find Him in lots of places, if you look for Him with all your heart. deut 4:29.

you should certainly, with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength, seek God’s presence. whoever told you otherwise was misled.

God bless.

I was told by different groups…Calvary chapel…4 square churches and pentecostals…the ministers spoke openly about Gods prescence being iwht us when they got into their tongues but they discouraged us from seeking God in that matter…because it was selfish.

that’s pretty sad. the greatest thing we can do in life is love God, and loving Him, i think, involves seeking Him. now, we shouldn’t forget loving our neighbor while we’re at it. in other words, we shouldn’t just go hide in our room all day and ‘seek God’ rather than go out and help people and so forth. but seeking God is definitely part of God’s will for our lives.

God indwells you, He is within you and within every Human person , He waits to be fully invited into them in baptism, but He is in them because His Divine Spirit made them, He is at the core of them. He is in His Son in the Blessed Sacrament of the Eucharist and this is how He at His most fully indwells us when we recieve Him in Body, Blood, Spirit and Divinity. It is God our Father who draws you and He draws you to His son Christ Jesus and Jesus rejects no-one who the Father draws to Him, in being drawn to Him, you desire to seek Him, but it is Him who sought you first and it is Him who seeks all He made if they listen and answer. Pray and respond to Him, He will continue to draw you xx

Much love and peace to you, God Bless you.

Teresa

I suggest reading “The Practice of the Presence of God,” by Brother Lawrence. I think that says alot. God is already with us, we need to “practice” it in that we need to remind ourselves of that fact.

When I want to see God, I go to Eucharistic adoration. Sure, God is everywhere and everywhere He is there… but God is intimately present in the Eucharist.

I have attended some FCA gatherings with my students, at the invitation of their leader, and have always admired their insistence on the need for developing a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. How does that concept differ from the desire for the presence of God? I have also seen in Christian bookstores and catalogs (not Catholic) the little book by Brother Lawrence mentioned above, the Practice of the Presence of God. I would guess either the concept goes by different names, or the stress on aspects of spirituality differs by denomination, or by preacher. For denominations that stress bible study as the method to hear God’s Word and apply it to one’s life, is that not also a desire for contact with God?

As a Catholic of course I am used to experiencing, (and believing even when I am not consciously, intellectually or emotionally aware of it) the Real Presence of the Lord in the Eucharist and through its medium in all the sacraments. I cannot even imagine leaving the Catholic Church for any other religion that does not proclaim that presence.

40.png
puzzleannie:
I have attended some FCA gatherings with my students, at the invitation of their leader, and have always admired their insistence on the need for developing a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. How does that concept differ from the desire for the presence of God? I have also seen in Christian bookstores and catalogs (not Catholic) the little book by Brother Lawrence mentioned above, the Practice of the Presence of God. I would guess either the concept goes by different names, or the stress on aspects of spirituality differs by denomination, or by preacher. For denominations that stress bible study as the method to hear God’s Word and apply it to one’s life, is that not also a desire for contact with God?

As a Catholic of course I am used to experiencing, (and believing even when I am not consciously, intellectually or emotionally aware of it) the Real Presence of the Lord in the Eucharist and through its medium in all the sacraments. I cannot even imagine leaving the Catholic Church for any other religion that does not proclaim that presence.
I understand this and in fact, at the last Mass I attended, as soon as the Priest blessed the Eucharist I got that “funny feeling”…I felt all spiritual and received the Eucharist with great joy…Im talking about Moses style “seeing God”, like when he saw his glory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back