Selling Blessed Items

• Thread starter Thread starter catholicmom39
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

catholicmom39

I have always been under the impression that you cannot sell something once it is blessed. Can someone tell me if this is correct and if so where does this come from? I just told someone who was doing this that we can’t but didn’t have anything to back this up. They told me their preist said it was ok.

You may not sell a Blessed Jubilie cross. If you want a Blessed Jubilie cross, you must buy one and than have it blessed.

Back to the old Martin Luther Days. You may not pay for the indulgance of a blessed item. Thats why if you have something blessed. Give the priest a donation and than ask him to bless it.

40.png
catholicmom39:
I have always been under the impression that you cannot sell something once it is blessed. Can someone tell me if this is correct and if so where does this come from? I just told someone who was doing this that we can’t but didn’t have anything to back this up. They told me their preist said it was ok.
You can sell blessed items, you cannot sell Relics. If you sell a Blessed item the Blessing does not remain with the item, it will need to be Blessed again.

Br. Rich SFO:
You can sell blessed items, you cannot sell Relics. If you sell a Blessed item the Blessing does not remain with the item, it will need to be Blessed again.
Yep. I saw a reliquary, complete with relic, for sale in an antique store once. I tried to get the store owners to give it to the local church, but they wouldn’t. I managed to convince them to sell me the reliquary, and give me the relic for free. I don’t know if there are restrictions on the purchasing of relics (especially in situations like this), but I wanted to avoid any possible problems. I certianly wasn’t going to leave it there to be bought by a Satanist or something.

I dont really trust ebay relics, but you can tell a good one if the person knows that they should sell you the case and “gift” you the relic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back