Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

• Thread starter Thread starter Willdecided
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Willdecided

I have been meaning to ask this question for quite some time now, but it always has slipped my mind. I was wondering if there were any church teachings about a Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. I have heard that they are born with some sort of healing power, but I could never really find any information about it. The only information I have heard about them is from the song “Seventh Son of a Seventh Son” from Iron Maiden.

Does anyone know if there are any church teachings about them or if anyone can direct me to any information about this? The reason I bring this up is because when I was younger, a few members of my family and myself would travel to Sherbrooke Quebec where there was this Seventh Son of a Seventh Son who would basically work on people.

I am not sure about the details, but we basically went up to be worked on like a patient of a chiropractor. I know he was very religious and his house was always full of people waiting to see him.

The cool thing about him was that he worked out of the kindness of his own heart and never charged money. He accepted donations, but they were never expected.

Aren’t they suppose to be born with some sort of power?

Thanks,

Will

Seven is a significant number in Jewish and Christian folklore, signifying perfection and completion, and legends abound including the number seven. Regarding your question, there is no official church teaching, and I believe this belief is grounded in superstition. But here are a couple links you might want to look at:

The (Irish) people believed that the gift of healing came directly from the Gods and that the Healer would be marked to stand out among his fellow men. So that he would be distinctly recognised, the Healer would always be the seventh son of a seventh Son.
finbarrnolan.com/

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son: The Life Story of a Healer
amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/1851584145/702-6420966-9384050

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back