Sexual sins of youth(guilt)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymousandashamed
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymousandashamed

Guest
When I was younger (11/12) my parents were getting divorced and I fled to pornography and masterbating to numb the pain of my parents divorce. However also I would touch some of my brothers and sisters. My parents never catechised me on sins especially sexual sin so I had Little knowledge other than my own guilt that something felt wrong when I did, it so I stopped doing it soon after. Now I’m 18(almost 19) and I have been struggling since with Porn and masterbating but have been making improvements. And now I get these flashbacks of what I have done in my youth and fear needing to confess these. At my age and lack of knowledge would I still need to confess it and if so how can I do so to tell the priest that It was in my youth and have not done so recently ( i don’t want him to think I’m a molester)
 
You can confess it just like you did in your short post. It’s perfectly clear. Caonfess it once only and then forget about it. You are not unique in this.
 
As kids we do weird things, especially with you going through your parent’s divorce. It’s nothing to be ashamed about now, but I do think you have to confess it. God is obviously calling you closer to him and that is great! He wants you as his own! Keep moving towards him. Find yourself a good priest who you can confess to.

If you don’t want to confess this stuff on a regular Saturday before Mass when you know people are waiting make an appointment and that way you can take your time. Or if you’d rather do it anonymously behind the screen, do that. But I agree with the others, you should confess it once and then forget it. You’ll need all your strength and focus to deal with the porn and masturbation. With the Lord’s help you can beat this as well.

The Lord freed me from porn and masturbating after 20 years of doing it so if there’s hope for me there’s hope for you. It just got to the point where I became so sick of doing it, I simply refused to do it. I got through that day and then another day. Every time I felt the urge to do it, I would get involved in something else and say a prayer, “Please God help me to be pure. Change my desires.” It took some time but I was freed. We have to use our will to avoid it. A lot of times I think as Catholics we think we should just be praying but we forget about our will. God expects us to fight against our temptations using our will. We have to deny ourselves. It will be uncomfortable, but you will eventually be free. Your will and your prayer will eventually free you from this sin. God’s grace will change your desires.

I also recommend praying to Mary a lot and ask her to restore your view of women to one of purity. That’s what I did and I feel that she helped me. Pray the Hail Holy Queen a lot. I also recommend a book called Every Man’s Battle. That book helped me as well. And of course learning about the Theology of the Body. That was crucial in helping me to learn what sex was really all about. There are a number of good books on the TOB here at Catholic Answers. Good News about Sex and Marriage by Christopher West was also very helpful in my conversion.

You will be in my prayers!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top