Shaolin Showdown

• Thread starter Thread starter BibleReader700
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BibleReader700

Do we have monasteries that teach their monks martial arts? I don’t mean to sound like a nerd, but that would be really cool.

no, grasshopper, the arts they practice are the work of God, that is, the liturgy of the hours and Mass, interspersed with lectio divina or prayerful reading of the bible and spiritual books, and the physical work necessary to support themselves and keep the place up.

no, grasshopper, the arts they practice are the work of God, that is, the liturgy of the hours and Mass, interspersed with lectio divina or prayerful reading of the bible and spiritual books, and the physical work necessary to support themselves and keep the place up.
:rotfl: :rotfl:
ok i figured there probably wouldn’t be
it would be cool though

ok, i figured there probably wouldn’t be
it would be cool though

it would be cool though
That would be…
…So…
…COOL!!! 😃

Can you imagine the *Shaolin of Jesus? *

Brother Chuck Norris – He has all the powers of a Ninja … AND a JESUIT!!

Could there be anything more formidable (except perhaps the “sister” order of nuns, trained in ruler-fu)?

:rotfl:
tee

That would be…
…So…
…COOL!!! 😃

Could there be anything more formidable (except perhaps the “sister” order of nuns, trained in ruler-fu)?

tee
I should start one

That would be…
…So…
…COOL!!! 😃

tee
I should start one.

Well not exactly ninja skills but you could always go for the Dominicans! They succefully defeated the Albigensian heresy… USING A SWORD…
HEHEHEHEHE… I know, I know its an old joke and obviously Im a fan of the Jesuits. Go Jesuits! 😃

The Knight Templars would be what you’re looking for. However, they were disbanded not too long after the crusades.

it would be cool though
Being a martial artist I can say that Spritual Warfare is more challenging, harder to master, and a higher calling than being a “monk” who practices for warfare.

[SIGN]For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood; but against principalities and power, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places.[/SIGN]

Ephesians 6:12

I’d rather be on the wrong end of a *nunchaku *than a nun with a rosary…
:eek: :rotfl:

tee

Being a martial artist I can say that Spritual Warfare is more challenging, harder to master, and a higher calling than being a “monk” who practices for warfare.

[SIGN]For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood; but against principalities and power, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places.[/SIGN]

Ephesians 6:12
Well then they should have a order or monastery that specializes in exorcisms, prayers of deliverence, etc.

That would be cool

Well then they should have a order or monastery that specializes in exorcisms, prayers of deliverence, etc.

That would be cool
Most traditional ones do.

Although an exorcism is in the domain of the Bishop, who then delegates the task to a priest. I would imagine that an abbot would do the same.

Which do you think takes more self control, perform kata or forms for 6-8 hours per day; or control one’s temptations, clear one’s mind, pray unceasingly, sleep only in 3 hour shifts because one has to wake up for the Liturgy of the Hours, and fast?

Many Shaolin “monks” are married.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back