Shopping on Friday during Lent

• Thread starter Thread starter Eri76
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eri76

Is it a sin to go clothes shopping on a Friday during Lent? Thx 😊🙏🌈

I guess because I thought Fridays during Lent are days of penance…I know not abstaining from meat would be sinful…wasn’t sure about things like unnecessary shopping😊

Not sinful, but if your heart is suggesting you shouldn’t, is it that important to do so? You can always forfeit the opportunity and offer it as a sacrifice 🙂

One year for Lent, I gave up buying non-grocery items. Unless you’re working within this or a similar context, feel free to hit the stores.

Is it a sin to go clothes shopping on a Friday during Lent? Thx 😊🙏
There is no sin in clothes shopping on Fridays of Lent. Fridays of Lent are not Sundays.

The only thing I would note, is if this is an activity that gives you pleasure, you might consider giving it up, as an additional penance, but you absolutely do not have to. I would not want to see anyone develop a scruple about this sort of thing.

“Going out and partying”, celebrating, carousing, on a Friday of Lent (or anytime during Lent for that matter), is unseemly, but unless clothes shopping gives you that kind of pleasure — I am assuming you are a woman, men usually don’t get that big of a kick out of shopping for clothes — I see no problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back