T
tabsie3210
Guest
Hi.
Guess who didn’t get her flu shot.
Tuesday I felt great and used one of my new exercize programs for my Wii. Wednesday I woke up feeling happy and just a touch sore, which I assumed was from the workout. By Wednesday evening my sore body was a hundred times more sore, my chest hurt, and I was feeling miserable. I woke up midnight Wednesday/Thursday with a fever of 101.6. Called in sick to work and went to the doctor 9:45 on Thursday. Yep, I got the flu, with a bronchial infection to boot. I’m pretty much a mess. Doc told me he didn’t want me working the next few days and gave me a note for work, saying I could go back on Monday.
So all day Thursday and Friday, I’ve had a fluxuating temperature. Now, my normal temperature is between 96.8 and 97.2, and it so far hadn’t been dropping below 97.6, and was up to 100.1 last night (Friday night).
It’s 8:08 am CST here on Saturday morning. Right now my temp is 97.7, which isn’t bad, and is a lot more stable than it has been. Naturally, I’m not going to vigil Mass tonight, because I’m still coughing my lungs inside out.
Should I go to Mass tomorrow? If I stay home and view the Mass on TV, will I still be in trouble? I’m released to go back to work on Monday. Does that mean I should be in good enough condition to go to Mass on Sunday?
See, here’s where my issue is - I don’t want to go back to work on Monday because I know that I’ll still be moderately contageous, even if my fever levels out, and because I’m still going to feel awful. However, I have to go back because:
But if my temperature goes down and doesn’t spike again, then even though I’ll still be somewhat contageous, and feeling awful, I have to go back to work. But here’s my problem - I go back to work on Monday. Church is on Sunday. Mass is also shorter than work, and if I go to the 7:30 AM Mass, I can probably sit off in a side pew or something and avoid human contact.
So since circumstances are forcing me to go back in to work on Monday (should I not have a fever), am I unjustified in missing Mass on Sunday? Will I be in trouble, having committed a mortal sin? Or because I’m sick, even if I’m forced to work on Monday, will I be excused if I stay home and watch the Mass on television on Sunday, even if I don’t have a fever.
Forgive me for how addled this sounds. I’m not in my best form right now and I’m busy coughing my lungs inside out. Fortunately, I’m not feverish now, but I’m still not firing on all cylinders, I guess.
Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
Guess who didn’t get her flu shot.
Tuesday I felt great and used one of my new exercize programs for my Wii. Wednesday I woke up feeling happy and just a touch sore, which I assumed was from the workout. By Wednesday evening my sore body was a hundred times more sore, my chest hurt, and I was feeling miserable. I woke up midnight Wednesday/Thursday with a fever of 101.6. Called in sick to work and went to the doctor 9:45 on Thursday. Yep, I got the flu, with a bronchial infection to boot. I’m pretty much a mess. Doc told me he didn’t want me working the next few days and gave me a note for work, saying I could go back on Monday.
So all day Thursday and Friday, I’ve had a fluxuating temperature. Now, my normal temperature is between 96.8 and 97.2, and it so far hadn’t been dropping below 97.6, and was up to 100.1 last night (Friday night).
It’s 8:08 am CST here on Saturday morning. Right now my temp is 97.7, which isn’t bad, and is a lot more stable than it has been. Naturally, I’m not going to vigil Mass tonight, because I’m still coughing my lungs inside out.
Should I go to Mass tomorrow? If I stay home and view the Mass on TV, will I still be in trouble? I’m released to go back to work on Monday. Does that mean I should be in good enough condition to go to Mass on Sunday?
See, here’s where my issue is - I don’t want to go back to work on Monday because I know that I’ll still be moderately contageous, even if my fever levels out, and because I’m still going to feel awful. However, I have to go back because:
- I only officially started working there on November 16. It takes ninety working days for me to get any benefits, such as health insurance, meaning that I won’t get any insurance until sometime in February (I paid this doctor’s visit out of pocket, $100). However, that’s 90 working days, and the more days I take off work because I’m sick, the longer I have to wait for my benefits.
- With the holidays, I’m behind on my work (we ended up taking a lot of time off for the holidays, plus one day when it snowed here in Houston). It wasn’t too bad on Wednesday, though I did feel like I was dragging, but now I’m seriously behind and need to catch up as fast as I can.
- I don’t have any time off yet (that doesn’t come until my benefits come) so that means I’m not being paid for missing work, meaning my paycheck is going to be tiny for the last two weeks (because I was off on Jan. 1, since the place was closed, and I don’t get paid for holidays yet, because I haven’t been there 90 days, so that means that I actually lose three days of pay, not just two, for the last two weeks).
But if my temperature goes down and doesn’t spike again, then even though I’ll still be somewhat contageous, and feeling awful, I have to go back to work. But here’s my problem - I go back to work on Monday. Church is on Sunday. Mass is also shorter than work, and if I go to the 7:30 AM Mass, I can probably sit off in a side pew or something and avoid human contact.
So since circumstances are forcing me to go back in to work on Monday (should I not have a fever), am I unjustified in missing Mass on Sunday? Will I be in trouble, having committed a mortal sin? Or because I’m sick, even if I’m forced to work on Monday, will I be excused if I stay home and watch the Mass on television on Sunday, even if I don’t have a fever.
Forgive me for how addled this sounds. I’m not in my best form right now and I’m busy coughing my lungs inside out. Fortunately, I’m not feverish now, but I’m still not firing on all cylinders, I guess.
Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.