H
Holly3278
Guest
Hi everyone. I’m considering going to confession later but I know I will just fall again, maybe as soon as I get home. Should I even go to confession since I know I’ll fall again and possibly so soon? 

Oh ok. Thank you for this advice. I am pretty sure that the priest would be able to absolve me from my sins because at the time of the confession, I intend to not sin again. It is not until later that the intention to sin comes along.I would say YES! Tell the priest exactly what you just shared here. He may not be able to absolve you of the sin since you admittedly are saying that you are going to go right back and do it again. But he can offer you wisdom, guidance and help if you are truly sorry and looking to resolve this hurdle.
We all fall but we all need to pick ourselves right back up again. The priest is there to help with all of these things. I will keep you in my prayers.
Good luck! May God’s grace be sufficient for you!
Well, at the time of the confession, I have every intention of remaining faithful to the Catholic Church. It is not until later that I decide that I am going to sin. I believe that this is in large part due to my mental illnesses which cause me to have instability in the way I view myself. The way I view myself frequently changes due to my borderline personality disorder. The thoughts I have frequently change due to my adult ADHD. And I often despair and therefore seek an easier way due to my major depression.As long as you try not to sin again. If you go into confession and intend to walk out of their to sin again then it would not be a valid confession.
Sounds like you can make a valid confession.Well, at the time of the confession, I have every intention of remaining faithful to the Catholic Church. It is not until later that I decide that I am going to sin. I believe that this is in large part due to my mental illnesses which cause me to have instability in the way I view myself. The way I view myself frequently changes due to my borderline personality disorder. The thoughts I have frequently change due to my adult ADHD. And I often despair and therefore seek an easier way due to my major depression.
Oh ok. I am glad to know that it sounds like I can make a valid confession.Sounds like you can make a valid confession.
Remember you can go to confession often. I attend confession often because I fail too frequently. But I always intend to never sin again every time I confess.
Dear HollyHi everyone. I’m considering going to confession later but I know I will just fall again, maybe as soon as I get home. Should I even go to confession since I know I’ll fall again and possibly so soon?![]()