L
lynnehelen
Guest
I asked my Project Rachel counselor, what do you do if someone’s coming at you with a knife? Just pray? She said, “Use your smarts!” Jesus would know what to do. A woman with an abusive husband…it helped to fantasize at a very bad stage of the progress of the divorce about murdering him in self-defense, and where that would lead, whether I would go to jail, et cetera.
Then he had the head injury, and I was even more scared, but now he is so frail…
He says he still wants the divorce, and I agree that we should separate. He continues to harbor violence in his mind, I sensed him struggling with demons last night, and comforted him as the morning light came up, but I don’t really know him any more, and I was very afraid of him during the night.
OBVIOUSLY, I am no saint, and OF COURSE I have been praying to St. Rita, maybe I should do so more carefully and deliberately. You see, now, of course, I am thinking I loved him despite the abuse, I was just never sure, and how I will miss what was so good in him, as it seems to be just, gone…
accidentally posted this under prayer intentions where I usually go, so now it is in both places…

Then he had the head injury, and I was even more scared, but now he is so frail…
He says he still wants the divorce, and I agree that we should separate. He continues to harbor violence in his mind, I sensed him struggling with demons last night, and comforted him as the morning light came up, but I don’t really know him any more, and I was very afraid of him during the night.
OBVIOUSLY, I am no saint, and OF COURSE I have been praying to St. Rita, maybe I should do so more carefully and deliberately. You see, now, of course, I am thinking I loved him despite the abuse, I was just never sure, and how I will miss what was so good in him, as it seems to be just, gone…
accidentally posted this under prayer intentions where I usually go, so now it is in both places…