Sin & suffering

• Thread starter Thread starter Mt19_26
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mt19_26

I have a question about something I am little bit confused on. I was listening to a tape I bought from St. Joesph’s Communications and the deacon on the tape described a mother who had a son that was suffering from chronic asthma. They went from doctor to doctor trying to look for help for her son. None of the doctors were able to help. In the meantime she wasn’t living an entirely faithful life. Eventually she turned to God and became really faithful at which point her son was cured. The deacon then went on to say that the suffering of her son was caused by her unfaithful life and that a person’s sins can cause the suffering of others. Is this true? If so, are there examples in the Bible?

I don’t know about sin causing suffering in the innocent. But sometimes God allows suffering in our lives in order to awaken our need for Him.I run a Holy Hour for Mothers of Special Needs Children. And we realize that we are really luckier than mothers with “normal” children. Because our childrens’ crosses have brought us to Him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back