Single Volume Navarre Old Testament News

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jayson
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jayson

Guest
Direct from the publisher:

"Dear Jayson:

Yes. Probably not til 2007/08 because it has to be modified from the
existing full-commentary Old Testament volumes.
John Powers, publisher"

I had asked whether they were planning a single volume old testament, they are indeed. See above.

I also think a single volume navarre commentary (without bible included) would be a good idea.
 
Interesting news, Jayson. Thanks for sharing.

I’ll probably hang on to my piece-meal Navarre Collection until it falls apart – or I do. 😃
 
40.png
Fidelis:
I’ll probably hang on to my piece-meal Navarre Collection until it falls apart – or I do. 😃
They say that when a Bible is falling apart, it usually means, the owner isn’t! 👍
 
It is now Oct of 2010 and yet no news of there been a single volume of the old testaments much like the one that they have for the New. I realize that it would have to be a bit bigger than the current New Testaments, but would be wonderful if they could incorporate it so that one can just keep two volumes rather than the 7 small of the old and 1 large of the new…
 
Direct from the publisher:

"Dear Jayson:

Yes. Probably not til 2007/08 because it has to be modified from the
existing full-commentary Old Testament volumes.
John Powers, publisher"

I had asked whether they were planning a single volume old testament, they are indeed. See above.

I also think a single volume navarre commentary (without bible included) would be a good idea.
I have spoke to the Publisher (Mr. Powers) since then (this Month in fact 2010)…such is not currently planned at this time.

Of course if it were to have everything… It would be a very big book. Though one never knows…something may come down the pike in the future …but I do not think it will be a full Old Testament that is the same as the 7 big volumes that cover the whole.

Right now there are 2 paper backs in addition to the hardbacks…this is what is being worked on for now.

But Navarre “marches on”…
 
It is now Oct of 2010 and yet no news of there been a single volume of the old testaments much like the one that they have for the New. I realize that it would have to be a bit bigger than the current New Testaments, but would be wonderful if they could incorporate it so that one can just keep two volumes rather than the 7 small of the old and 1 large of the new…
The 1 volume in the New…is NOT the same work as is in the 12.

It is a DIFFERENT WORK…a new work. If you want what is in the 12 …you need to get the 3 hardbacks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top