M
m_crane
Guest
Hello Everyone,
My sister in-law lives 200 miles away, is 10 year older than my husband and being a half sister was not raised with my husband.
He is not close with her and though i have always invited her almost never attended our family functions. We were rarely invited to her families functions either. I have a father who left our family and married the woman he was having an affair with so I know that sometimes family members are not close so I never questioned my husband relationship with her. Over the 25 years of our marriage she has never been anything but rude to me, ignoring me not offering me a beverage(she offered my husband one) when I come to visit, trying to leave me out of conversations, even not saying goodbye to me when she visited my home (she walked right past me).
Now she has started to ask if my 23 year old son is a homosexual because he is not dating. I just can’t take her attacking my son like that. I really want no contact with her except for an unavoidable sistuation like a wedding or funeral. I no longer want this woman in my home and will not visit her in hers. My husband just says she is crazy . I know not visiting her will add fuel to her fire but it won’t bother me because I won’t have to deal with her again. Should I cut off contact with her?
My sister in-law lives 200 miles away, is 10 year older than my husband and being a half sister was not raised with my husband.
He is not close with her and though i have always invited her almost never attended our family functions. We were rarely invited to her families functions either. I have a father who left our family and married the woman he was having an affair with so I know that sometimes family members are not close so I never questioned my husband relationship with her. Over the 25 years of our marriage she has never been anything but rude to me, ignoring me not offering me a beverage(she offered my husband one) when I come to visit, trying to leave me out of conversations, even not saying goodbye to me when she visited my home (she walked right past me).
Now she has started to ask if my 23 year old son is a homosexual because he is not dating. I just can’t take her attacking my son like that. I really want no contact with her except for an unavoidable sistuation like a wedding or funeral. I no longer want this woman in my home and will not visit her in hers. My husband just says she is crazy . I know not visiting her will add fuel to her fire but it won’t bother me because I won’t have to deal with her again. Should I cut off contact with her?