Sister smells Divine

• Thread starter Thread starter Bill_A
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill_A

I went to mass at the monastary today, the nieghborhood is so bad everyone was fleeing but its still nice and we had 3 alter servers.

A couple of sisters walk in and I smell this divine smell. I Discern it is coming from this very old, pious 80-90 year old sister in her habit. I can not step smelling. As I have Astma, usually perfume makes me sneeze and such but this smell. It Opened my stuffy nose up and filled my senses. I can not tell you I have never smelled anything like it except maybe Crism. It did not smell like Roses but some sort of pleasant flowers, like Maybe Forsysthia or Lylacs. I can not describe it. It was so pleasant, I spent maybe 5 minutes Just watching sister and sniffing. Snif sniff sniff. OO lah lah. They could bottle that stuff and sell it and use it to fix the roof and pay the heating bill. I am almost tempted to write the Cardinal about it.

40.png
Bill_A:
It Opened my stuffy nose up and filled my senses.
Good incense used to do that for me when I was an altar boy. And when you are the thurifer who has to exist in a heavy cloud of smoke very close to your face for a signifigant part of the Mass, you’d better have good smelling incense. I used to refuse to use anything subpar, if I didn’t like the smell.

So it looks like Sister got a nice early Christmas gift, eh?

Exactly. Bad incense smells like burning Camel Dung and makes me sneeze… I wrote the Cardinal already. SOmething like that is just not normal.

40.png
Bill_A:
Exactly. Bad incense smells like burning Camel Dung and makes me sneeze… I wrote the Cardinal already. SOmething like that is just not normal.
:rotfl:

Sorry Bill A this is funny…however, I do understand what you mean.

Good Morning Church

I am glad you wrote the Cardinal. I have experienced extremely pleasant smells a few times in my life. Once during adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. I was in the Church alone at the time so couldn’t associate it with anyone else. I am sure it was the Lord or Angels.

I have talked about this with a Priest friend and also with Spiritual Directors and have been told that this has also been recorded down through history regarding a few very holy people.

Very interesting report. Can you tell us anything more about this Sister?

40.png
robertaf:
Good Morning Church

I am glad you wrote the Cardinal. I have experienced extremely pleasant smells a few times in my life. Once during adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. I was in the Church alone at the time so couldn’t associate it with anyone else. I am sure it was the Lord or Angels.

I have talked about this with a Priest friend and also with Spiritual Directors and have been told that this has also been recorded down through history regarding a few very holy people.

Very interesting report. Can you tell us anything more about this Sister?
Awsome! It sounds like the odor of sanctity! That is a gift that alot of Saints have been given throughout history.Ask the sisters to pray for all the people on this forum:) God thatnkyou for the gifts given to your Holy Ones

I do not know sisters name but Now that I know she goes to 8:30 mass. I may make it a point to goto 8:30 mass more often and maybe ask her name.

one of the great pleasures of being Catholic is knowing those beautiful souls of 80 or so who have consecrated their whole lives to Jesus and service of His people, and have lived virtuous lives. A sister, priest or brother who has remained faithful to their vows, with all the turmoil of the last century, is in their own person testimony to the hope BillA alludes to. Indeed the “odour of sanctity” clings to these lovely souls and refreshes those of us lucky enough to come in contact with them. I also think with joy of those lovely older men and women, often widows or widowers, usually daily Mass attendees who are living out their lives in saintliness and offering up the trials of aging for their loved ones in purgatory, and for the rest of us who cannot or will not make it to daily Mass or to the adoration chapel. I am sure every religious body includes persons of great personal devotion and virtue who are a witness to others, but the Catholic church is richly blessed in such souls.

40.png
Bill_A:
It was so pleasant, I spent maybe 5 minutes Just watching sister and sniffing. Snif sniff sniff. OO lah lah. They could bottle that stuff and sell it and use it to fix the roof and pay the heating bill. I am almost tempted to write the Cardinal about it.
oh - you made me laugh.

Bill,
Is that St. Joseph’s Monastery in SW Baltimore? If so, I went to elementary school there.

Yeah, So did I. I am 35 and went for 3 years. Maybe I know you. If so we have a saint at our monastary but I am sad to report. The Monstary is a drug treatment center and the Passionists Have all died but one that I know of. Father Daniel has fled and gone to Conneticut. Please pray for him. He is living near his brother who was a missionary who has fled the country he was living in.

When I say the church is having a liturgical crisis. I am not kidding. I could write a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back