Slaying in the Spirit

• Thread starter Thread starter jax8686
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jax8686

im not sure if this is the right spot to put this but here goes
my girlfriend is pentacostal, her church has some charismatic “prophet”(her word) guy down, they do all the good old charismatic stuff, gifts of the spirit, etc… as a Catholic, am i going against my church to attend, and or participate in this? i think my gf really wants me to go… and although i go to their youth groups and stuff, its only for the praise and worhips… but i kinda drew the line at any charismatic stuff… what would be allowed… whats not?
thanx

There is a difference between attending and participating. Do you think it is OK to attend any other non-Catholic service? This is a very individual situation—what would be best for one person, would not necessarily be good for someone else.

Charismatic is a stlye of worship, and just as there are Catholic and non-Catholic traditional prayer services, there are also Catholic and non-Catholic Charismatic services. Although I do attend Catholic Charismatic services, I do not attend non-Catholic services of any kind. However you would be going with your gf, which would be a different reason.

We have had many threads dealing with Charismatic worship. Emotions & opinions run wild, so most of them were closed down. You could do a search on “Charismatic”, “Baptism” (selecting the ones on Baptism in the Spirit).

God Bless you and may the Holy Spirit guide you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back