So That Your Faith Might Rest On The Power Of God

• Thread starter Thread starter The_Barrister
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The_Barrister

Many of the posts in these forums revolve around “proving the existence of God” and/or “proving” his love for us. Let us set aside human proofs and embrace our faith in our belief in God.

Today’s First Reading from 1 Corinthians 2:1-5:

When I came to you, brothers and sisters,
proclaiming the mystery of God,
I did not come with sublimity of words or of wisdom.
For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you
except Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
I came to you in weakness and fear and much trembling,
and my message and my proclamation
were not with persuasive words of wisdom,
but with a demonstration of spirit and power,
so that your faith might rest not on human wisdom
but on the power of God.
Today, let us not rely upon human proofs of God. God has revealed much to us, and while all we know of God has been that which God has seen fit to reveal to us, he has not revealed all. (Deuteronomy 29:29). Just as Peter knew that Jesus was The Christ (Matthew 16:17), let us trust in God’s revelation to His Church and not in human proofs of God.

Pray that the Holy Spirit continues His work in you:

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and of revelation, in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your heart enlightened, that you may know what the hope is of the glory of his inheritance in the saints. And what is the exceeding greatness of his power towards us, who believe according to the operation of the might of his power, which he wrought in Christ, raising him up from the dead, and setting him on his right hand in the heavenly places. Ephesians 1:17-20.
Amen!

Dearest Barrister

I have noticed this too and also a zest to prove we are ‘right’. I think it is wholesome to defend your faith, BUT the truth speaks for itself. Thank you so much for your post, the JOY of faith should not be outshadowed by such things. God Bless you and much peace to you xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back