Some sort of sign?

• Thread starter Thread starter AMR207
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AMR207

Hey, I wanted to share this, because it seemed so cool at the time it happened. On the 4th of july, at about 6:30 at night I went outside, and I was saying goodbye to my grandparents as they drove off in their car. Anyway, I looked up for some reason, and I saw a huge bird sitting on a wire right outside my house. My Dad says it was a dove, and it was. It was pure white, too, and doves are never outside around that time where I live, and we never have white doves. The dove was looking at me the whole time,and when I went inside, after everyone else went in, the dove took off and flew over our house. Is this coincidence, or is it some kind of sign? Because lately bad things have been going on with me spiritually, and I don’t know why I would get a sign.

~Aileen

well you could think of it this way, the dove is a symbol of the Holy Spirit and ask for His assistance. (Come Holy Ghost, Creator blest, and in our hearts take up Thy rest)

I would say a prayer thanking the Holy Spirit. Even if the dove was a coincidence (and I think it wasn’t!), you can thank the Holy Spirit for the inspiration from nature’s beauty.

Hello

Not too sure if it some sort of sign, but keep an open mind to it. See if things develop in forthcoming day, weeks and months.

God Bless
Saint Andrew.

For me birds have always been a potent sign. My family always had superstitions about wild birds in the house, or even coming around. i love them. On one occasion i was torn between going out and staying to clean the kitchen. things in my life had been going badly and I was seeking to flee the house. I stayed home to clean. As a result I was there when a pair of yellow bellied sapsuckers perched in the cherry tree for just a few minutes. Glorious sight. I have never seen them before or again, but they were there and were heartening. I’ve always felt God sent them to lift my spirits. Glory to God and bless His creation.

This is wedding season. People sometimes hire white doves to be released on the church steps. They “home” by instinct. Could have been that because white doves are not common in the wild. Mourning doves are everywhere, at least around here. But white ones are “bred.”

A frequent poster on these forums is “WhiteDove” who raises – you guessed it – white doves.

Now your bird could still be a “sign” but just not likely a supernatural one . . .

40.png
mercygate:
This is wedding season. People sometimes hire white doves to be released on the church steps. They “home” by instinct. Could have been that because white doves are not common in the wild. Mourning doves are everywhere, at least around here. But white ones are “bred.”

A frequent poster on these forums is “WhiteDove” who raises – you guessed it – white doves.

Now your bird could still be a “sign” but just not likely a supernatural one . . .
It’s illegal to have doves where I live unless they are in some sort of humane society.

40.png
AMR207:
It’s illegal to have doves where I live unless they are in some sort of humane society.
Interesting. Do you know why? I know absolutely nothing about this but it is fairly common in metro NYC – a white dove flew the wrong way when it was released on the church steps and spent 3 days flying around inside Our Lady of Mount Carmel Shrine last October before it was finally directed to leave the building and fly home to the Bronx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back