Speak up or Stay silent?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wltdsnymom65
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for your advice and prayers.

I talked with my friend and explained how I felt, and suggested she should return the items to him. It was met with resistance, and some name calling ( which was expected )

While I don’t know her husband personally, my parish priest told me that I did all that anyone could expect me to do. He too advised me not to take part in selling the items, and continue to reach out to her as a friend, after she has had some time to think things over.

To the member who emailed me privately, your emails kept coming back, but to answer your question Yes, I am a practicing Catholic. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement.

Blessings and prayers.
 
For the OP, this person is showing you a side of her that you may or may not have seen during your friendship. It should give you a wake-up call as to what sort of person you are dealing with. A person who would do such a thing to someone she used to say, “I love you” to, will stab you in the back without a second thought. This is despicable behavior, as well as being illegal.
+1. With friends like these, who needs the devil?
Well said, both of you.

I’d drop this friend YESTERDAY and not look back.
 
I’m not sure I agree that the items were stolen. At one point, my husband left us and took all the computors,(one of wihich my son bought with his own money) tv, emptied the bank accounts and dumed the dog on the freeway. The police said he had the right since he lived here. Was it stealing? Not according to the police. Was it immoral, abusive and cruel? Yes, for sure.

Seems to me the taking of the items was at least legal. (legal, not moral) The bigger problem was the hiding of the items and lying to the court. That was wrong.

I would not help help her because that drags you into the the crime ( at least a moral crime). I would tell her you prefer not to talk about it again.

I would not wish to be involved in this.
 
I’m not sure I agree that the items were stolen. At one point, my husband left us and took all the computors,(one of wihich my son bought with his own money) tv, emptied the bank accounts and dumed the dog on the freeway. The police said he had the right since he lived here. Was it stealing? Not according to the police. Was it immoral, abusive and cruel? Yes, for sure.

Seems to me the taking of the items was at least legal. (legal, not moral) The bigger problem was the hiding of the items and lying to the court. That was wrong.

I would not help help her because that drags you into the the crime ( at least a moral crime). I would tell her you prefer not to talk about it again.

I would not wish to be involved in this.
I am sorry you went through this with your husband.

But with the OP, her friend lied to the judge. Telling him that she didn’t have the stuff. Whether taking the stuff was a crime, I don’t know, but lying while under oath is. Helping her hide that crime…:tsktsk:
 
I am sorry you went through this with your husband.

But with the OP, her friend lied to the judge. Telling him that she didn’t have the stuff. Whether taking the stuff was a crime, I don’t know, but lying while under oath is. Helping her hide that crime…:tsktsk:/QUOT

I agree.

Perhaps her taking the tools was LEGALLY ok, but not morally, and the lying was for sure wrong, I agree. And as I said, I would not want to help her sell the stuff, sounds like I woulld be helping in a crime, or something immoral.
 
I would tell her that she needs to return these to her ex immediately, they belong to him. And
maybe he will show here some mercy and just say “thanks.”

Don’t tell her what you will or will not do about it. Just tell her to do the right thing. If she doesn’t, report her to the police or the judge involved in this divorce settlement.
 
my parish priest told me that I did all that anyone could expect me to do. He too advised me not to take part in selling the items, and continue to reach out to her as a friend, after she has had some time to think things over.

.
I totally disagree with the priest. I would continue to pray for her, but I would NOT reach out to her as a friend. As others have mentioned, she could easily turn around and do the same to you. Until she repents and mends her ways, don’t go near her.

CM
 
I wouldn’t report her but I definitely wouldn’t help her either.
I agree wholeheartedly with your advice…the xex-husband did not wrong the friend…so why wrong the ex-husband by lying and assisting his ex-wife by getting involved in her theft of his property…it is wrong…plain and simple…especially if she’s doing it out of spite…is the OP also being complicit against the ex-husband out of spite? What did he do to the OP to derserve her involvement?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top