Specificity of confessing sexual sins

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jimmyboy1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jimmyboy1

Guest
If I went to confession and confessed all my sexual sins. I also confessed any intention I had to have sex that never actually happened, as I read that intentions are sins too. When I confessed my intentions to have sex, I meant that as all my sexual sins. Do I need to specifically list the sexual sins I intended to commit such as: oral, anal etc. or was it enough to say sex?
 
If you were determined to commit the sins but then changed your mind, and didn’t I’m not sure that’s a sin of sexuality. Maybe a sin of pride since you had decided to do it in spite of knowing it would be a sin.

As far as confessing the intent itself, I do think that’s a good practice to do. Less detail is perfectly fine here. For example, “I was very determined to commit a variety of sexual sins, but then I didn’t, but I had a strong desire to carry them out just the same.” As you didn’t do them, the priest does not need specific details. The most important part is that you are now wishing to not do them at all(in the future), and are sorry for deciding to do them in the past.
 
I don’t think you need to tell all the details to the priest. Sounds a bit creepy. Just say the type of sexual sin (i.e. fornication, adultery etc) and frequency.
 
I’ve never asked a priest, but I have a sense that they don’t really want to hear all the details.
Would you?
 
Oops. My reply was ambiguous–what I meant was that I had never asked a priest during regular conversation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top