Spiritual Adoption Anyone?

• Thread starter Thread starter Lux_et_veritas
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lux_et_veritas

Read this page and consider if you can commit for one year to pray for a priest as described in this website.

I don’t think you need to do everything in the list, I think the list is generated to give ideas on what you can do. However, I would try to follow what you can.

opusangelorum.org/Spirituality/Spiritualadoption.html

Good idea. Hope folks will not forget their parish priests and any deacons that they may have.

Well, you can choose a priest, bishop or seminarian on your own. I don’t know if you forward the name of the person to the sisters or not.

When I first said, “yes” to it, I kind of thought it was like just remembering a priest as I fell asleep at night. But upon reading the entire webpage and the kinds of things the sisters are suggesting, you can see it is a serious committment and one that may make things a little inconvenient at times to keep that committment. Prayer may seem fulfilling some days and very dry or boring the next. One must exercise discipline in sticking to whatever routine they pick to pray for their priest.

But after some thought, it is a worthy thing to do.

After one year, you can automatically be sent a new name or simply end it after that one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back