Spiritual Dating

• Thread starter Thread starter crosscountry85
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crosscountry85

i recently met a guy who has had a large impact on not only my spiritaul life, but emotional and physical life as well. i want to get to know him on a deeper level, but i don’t know if it is right. i have a well established spiritual connection with him, but i am afriad he will say no. how do i go about this?

40.png
crosscountry85:
i recently met a guy who has had a large impact on not only my spiritaul life, but emotional and physical life as well.
:confused:

40.png
crosscountry85:
i recently met a guy who has had a large impact on not only my spiritaul life, but emotional and physical life as well. i want to get to know him on a deeper level, but i don’t know if it is right. i have a well established spiritual connection with him, but i am afriad he will say no. how do i go about this?
You recently met him? Then, if you want to get to know him on a deeper level start by taking the time to grow in friendship. Generally that sort of thing takes time.

I would say that it’s a good idea to pray and ask God what to do. Then, try and feel out where this guy stands on the subject of dating you.

Last year I became interested in pursuing a relationship with a good Catholic man I had known for a couple of years. We were both attending daily Mass, sitting next to each other and talking afterwards. As we began to become better friends, our activities expanded beyond meetings at our church.

I prayed repeatedly and earnestly about dating him. At the time that I began having feelings for him, I had been praying to God to be happy with my life as a single Catholic. I had recently broken up with a nice guy where things just didn’t work out. I was not interested in dating, and then Michael came along.

I was absolutely sure that God wanted me to date this man, but it took time before I was sure that Michael wanted to date me. There were some rocky times when I felt totally confused! I had such a clear message from God and such a mixed message from Michael.

Well, I found out later that he was just in the process of discerning as well and took a bit longer than I did to get God’s message. He’s now my fiance, and we’re getting married in September.

So if I were you, I would first pray, and if you feel God pulling you toward a relationship, then I would show interest to this man. During Michael’s time of discernment, I didn’t leave him with doubt about the fact that I was attracted and interested. There are subtle ways of doing that. If all of those signs seem to go unnoticed, first be patient. Then, just say something. If God wants you to date him, you will. If that’s not God’s will, you can move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back