Spiritual Director

• Thread starter Thread starter the_rev
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the_rev

I was just wondering how many people here have spiritual directors.

I have 2.5

One I meet with once a month
Another one I meet with every time he comes to Green Bay (He is a Legionaire)
And the other, who I don’t meet with often (counting as the .5) is my parish priest.

I’ve read that it is a very important thing to have a spiritual director. That one should pray often that God grant them light to guild those they help.

I am currently looking for one. Can anyone give me any suggestions of what makes a ‘good’ spiritual director?

Thanks!

I just asked a priest to be mine. I have met with him once and talked to him through e-mail.

Peace,Jen

As a novice in the Confraternity of Penitents (www.penitents.org), I am required to have a spiritual director and to meet with him/her monthly. Mine is a priest. Another priest hears my confessions monthly.

I have a wonderful Spiritual Director who is a Priest and I meet with him once a month.

:blessyou:
Annie

I do not currently have a spiritual director, but am very interested in finding one. Thanks for the tips in this thread. I will keep an eye on this thread for more good ideas on how to find a spiritual director.

Some of the posts on this thread surprise me , but pleasantly.
Having been a Roman Catholic for 49 years and never having head of anyone having a spiritual director you can see my surprise.

The closest I’ve come to seeing someone with a spiritual director was in an EWTN movie about a Sister from Spain who started an Order.

I’ve been involved in diaconate formation for nearly two years now. I can tell you that I never gave it much thought before formation, but it became a requirement as part of formation.

I can tell you in all honesty that I believe S.D. is gift from God that more people should take seriuosly. I love meeting my priest once a month and getting questions answered along with the wonderful sacrament of reconciliation.

I would suggest it to anyone who wants to learn more about our faith and grown in that faith!!!

40.png
jleary:
I’ve been involved in diaconate formation for nearly two years now. I can tell you that I never gave it much thought before formation, but it became a requirement as part of formation.

I can tell you in all honesty that I believe S.D. is gift from God that more people should take seriuosly. I love meeting my priest once a month and getting questions answered along with the wonderful sacrament of reconciliation.

I would suggest it to anyone who wants to learn more about our faith and grown in that faith!!!

Hi,

I have a spiritual director and a mentor. They really do help.

God bless,
Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back