? Spiritual Gifts

• Thread starter Thread starter blourdes
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blourdes

I feel like my prayer life has really taken off in the last six months. I am changing careers and feel that God is calling me to something higher in our realtionship. On the Feast of the Immaculte conception while saying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy in the presence of very Holy Men and Women I closed my eyes and the most beautiful vision of the Blessed Mother was before me . She was holding a green wreath. I don’t want to sound like a nut, but this image has been perplexing me for several months. I am searching to find out what the Blessed Mother and our Lord is asking me to do in my spriritual growth. I would appreciate any help.

The last six months I have grown in my faith in an unbelievable way. My vocation is my family but I believe the Lord and Our Lady is asking for more. Any one that can help, Thank you in advance.
BLourdes

Below this exerpt you can go to the link for some more info.

%between%Wreaths And Other Greens

Wreaths, swags and greens are an important part of our Christmas festivities, with the wide range of materials available to us, we can create hundreds of modern variations on the evergreen wreath. But even thousands of years ago wreaths and winter greens had a special significance.

A very special wreath at Christmas time is the Advent wreath of Northern Europe, made of evergreen branches. They are round as a symbol of God’s eternity and mercy, of which every season of Advent is a new reminder; and it is made of evergreens to symbolize God’s “everlastingness” and our immortality. Green is also the Church’s color of hope and new life. It holds four candles, one for each Sunday of Advent. Four candles, three purple or violet that represent penance, sorrow, and longing expectation and one rose or pink that represents the hope and coming joy are placed within to represent the four weeks of Advent. They are replaced with white candles for the Christmas season that ends with Epiphany. The evergreen boughs are trimmed with pine cones, ribbons, sprigs of holly, mistletoe and artificial snow. Many Swedish families have traditional brass advent candle holders, which they place in the wreath every year. An Advent wreath, with its candles lit makes a truly beautiful sight when it is hung over a festive table.

hymnsandcarolsofchristmas.com/O_Tannenbaum/14-wreaths_and_other_greens.htm
Hope it helps. Sounds like you had a wonderful visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back